• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    If I sell these for more than I paid for them am I "gouging? If not, at what price does it become "gouging?"
    Please give a price. Double, triple, what?
    fullsizeoutput_7596.jpeg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I sell these for more than I paid for them am I "gouging? If not, at what price does it become "gouging?"
    Please give a price. Double, triple, what? View attachment 93026
    That ammo with an old sticker of 3 cents around means it is not very new. It has not sold for that price for some time. Under the current climate 10 cents is probably a very good price. 20 cents or more a round is gouging.
    Mail in order in 5000 round lots a year ago it was likely 6 cents or so a round. I was getting el cheapo mexican standard velocity at close to 4 cents a round.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All the people crying “gouging” wouldn’t sell for the price they want to pay.
    I look at it as a procrastination tax.
    Last year there were lots of rebates on ammo going on. Ammo was dirt cheap. I bought a lot and wish I had bought twice that.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only gouging is below!!! Period!!! You can't gouge on ammo!!!! No such thing!!!! It's so tiring to listen to this BS. If you want to sell it at a price and someone buys it, it's commerce and market value! The only things protected are below!

Title XXXIII
    REGULATION OF TRADE, COMMERCE, INVESTMENTS, AND SOLICITATIONS
    Chapter 501
    CONSUMER PROTECTION
    View Entire Chapter
    501.160 Rental or sale of essential commodities during a declared state of emergency; prohibition against unconscionable prices.—
    (1) As used in this section:
    (a) “Commodity” means any goods, services, materials, merchandise, supplies, equipment, resources, or other article of commerce, and includes, without limitation, food, water, ice, chemicals, petroleum products, and lumber necessary for consumption or use as a direct result of the emergency.
    (b) It is prima facie evidence that a price is unconscionable if:
    1. The amount charged represents a gross disparity between the price of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility that is the subject of the offer or transaction and the average price at which that commodity or dwelling unit or self-storage facility was rented, leased, sold, or offered for rent or sale in the usual course of business during the 30 days immediately prior to a declaration of a state of emergency, unless the increase in the amount charged is attributable to additional costs incurred in connection with the rental or sale of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility, or regional, national, or international market trends; or
    2. The amount charged grossly exceeds the average price at which the same or similar commodity was readily obtainable in the trade area during the 30 days immediately prior to a declaration of a state of emergency, unless the increase in the amount charged is attributable to additional costs incurred in connection with the rental or sale of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility, or regional, national, or international market trends.
    (2) Upon a declaration of a state of emergency by the Governor, it is unlawful and a violation of s. 501.204 for a person or her or his agent or employee to rent or sell or offer to rent or sell at an unconscionable price within the area for which the state of emergency is declared, any essential commodity including, but not limited to, supplies, services, provisions, or equipment that is necessary for consumption or use as a direct result of the emergency. This prohibition is effective not to exceed 60 days under the initial declared state of emergency as defined in s. 252.36(2) and shall be renewed by statement in any subsequent renewals of the declared state of emergency by the Governor.
    (3) It is unlawful and a violation of s. 501.204 for any person to impose unconscionable prices for the rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility during a period of declared state of emergency.
    (4) A price increase approved by an appropriate government agency shall not be a violation of this section.
    (5) This section shall not apply to sales by growers, producers, or processors of raw or processed food products, except for retail sales of such products to the ultimate consumer within the area of the declared state of emergency.
    (6) Nothing herein shall be interpreted to preempt the powers of local government except that the evidentiary standards and defenses contained in this section shall be the only evidentiary standards and defenses used in any ordinance adopted by local government to restrict price gouging during a declared state of emergency.
    (7) Section 501.211 notwithstanding, nothing in this section creates a private cause of action in favor of any person damaged by a violation of this section.
    (8) Any violation of this section may be enforced by the office of the state attorney or the Department of Legal Affairs.
    (9) Upon a declaration of a state of emergency by the Governor, in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of residents, any person who offers goods and services for sale to the public during the duration of the emergency and who does not possess a business tax receipt under s. 205.032 or s. 205.042 commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. During a declared emergency, this subsection does not apply to religious, charitable, fraternal, civic, educational, or social organizations. During a declared emergency and when there is an allegation of price gouging against the person, failure to possess a license constitutes reasonable cause to detain the person, provided that the detention shall only be made in a reasonable manner and only for a reasonable period of time sufficient for an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the failure to possess a license.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 92-353; s. 627, ch. 97-103; s. 28, ch. 2002-295; s. 1, ch. 2005-283; s. 11, ch. 2006-71; s. 126, ch. 2007-5; s. 3, ch. 2011-56; s. 23, ch. 2011-205.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thank you, Telum Pisces. An actual definition for a word might not be very popular among the interwebs, but it's good to have a point of reference.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I try to keep about 3 years worth of ammo on hand at all times , I've been doing that since 1997 when you couldn't find any primers to buy . I'm not real smart, but I am very trainable . I enjoy target shooting and hunting and don't want to suspend my hobbies during the election years .

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you, Telum Pisces. An actual definition for a word might not be very popular among the interwebs, but it's good to have a point of reference.

I just get sick and tired of most gun folks that are typically capitalist in every other part of their life complaining about the cost of ammo and guns when the demand is high and the stock is low! It's how our world turns. Want it some other way, move to another country where everything is government owned and you couldn't get it even if you could afford it! Our system allows goods to be available even if it's at a cost. The higher cost keeps items available. Just go to gun broker, you can get anything you want if you have the money. If you don't have the money, well, you don't need it enough.

Like it or not, guns and ammo are not life sustaining in most of our daily lives. I consider it essential and prepare accordingly. But will you croke without your practice ammo for a week. Nope! Go a week without food and water, well that's a different story and why in a declared emergency, people cannot gouge on things such as water and food staples.

But gouge away on ammo and guns to your hearts desire. If you can find a buyer at what ever price, then so be it.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If I say it's too high, you need to lower the price or its gouging. No!.
    Im holding on to my ammo stash until the prices normalize, then I'll sell it all!
    Makes me a genius! No!
    Its never gouging! Prices go up, prices go down. You pick the time you buy, and how much.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With fear mongering going on I do not foresee a drop in the demand anytime soon. Now both sides expect a messed up election. The pro-Trumpers think the democrats will destroy the ballots and the democrats think that Trump will loose and then refuse to step down.

I am planning to hang on to my ammo.

In about two weeks Judge Amy Coney Barrett:
    If the process for the nominee looks anything like it did for previous Supreme Court nominees, there will be four days of Senate committee hearings and then a final confirmation vote by the full 100-member Senate.

The Senate is expected to begin confirmation hearings Oct. 12, two Capitol Hill sources confirmed to USA TODAY.
    There will even be more protests.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me I have decided to be looking into storage of food. Just ordered my first mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. The mormons use to have place in mobile that dealt with storage and I need to look into that to see if they are still there.
    I need to store enough for my dogs and me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom