DK Firearms

Whats the best type of pistol holster for plate armor??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I use a Safariland thigh rig that I wear high...and I have a holster for anything that I would carry with a carrier...to get through the briars and brambels...hopefully I won't be in a pasture diving behind cow patties for cover
    I have a thigh rig, may try it. Think id rather have it on the carrier, chest mt. Going to test drive the armor by going deer hunting with it on. We shall see.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a thigh rig, may try it. Think id rather have it on the carrier, chest mt. Going to test drive the armor by going deer hunting with it on. We shall see.
    It is a thigh rig but it is really set up for low hip. The belt loop is short and only the lower leg strap is used and there is a good angle to it. It rides just low enough to clear the carrier. Hope that makes sense. The holster does have thumb retention as well.

a search of kydex molle holster gets some good results

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    It is a thigh rig but it is really set up for low hip. The belt loop is short and only the lower leg strap is used and there is a good angle to it. It rides just low enough to clear the carrier. Hope that makes sense. The holster does have thumb retention as well.

a search of kydex molle holster gets some good results
    Can you sit in your truck with it on? One day you might not be able to call a timeout and take it off your leg before having to drive your truck

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thigh rigs kinda suck. I leave my sidearm on my belt when using armor / chest rig.

That way it's always (1) on you and (2) in the same place, regardless if you have a rig on or off.

YMMV, I think the Nam tunnel rats had no chest rig, no holster and went into the tunnels with a Kbar in their mouth, Nineteen-Eleben in their hand, and a L-shape flashlight in the other. They dragged their brass balls everywhere they went.

<sarcasm indicated strongly, if you are mentally #$^%ing challenged>

Top Bottom