What would Mors think? Bush Knife Chapter 3.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those that have reviewed Mors Kochanski's BUSH CRAFT (Outdoor skills and wilderness survival) probably have an understanding of how difficult it is to actually find a Bush Knife that meets all his criteria.

What do think of the BK17 and KOA Magnum Wolverine?

Got any better options??????? (photos would be nice)

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_163041.jpg
      IMG_20210331_163041.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 105

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've used a highly modified $30 USAF knife for almost 20 years now. It has basically the same blade profile as the one on bottom in your picture, and I love it. They'll bury me with it, as far as I'm concerned. I cut the top guard off, rubber shrink tubed the grip and swapped sheaths with a USN dive knife sheath for the spring retention. It doesn't hurt that the black polymer/nylon sheath matches the black rubber heat shrink tube, either. Love it. My questions about your knives are what are the grip materials and how are the grips weighted? Hard to answer that last one without feeling it in the hand, I know. On a separate note, I heard a rumor somewhere that the USAF knife blade profile was copied from a Marbles bushcraft knife. Any truth to that?
    Screenshot_20210401-022347_Chrome.jpg

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've used a highly modified $30 USAF knife for almost 20 years now. It has basically the same blade profile as the one on bottom in your picture, and I love it. They'll bury me with it, as far as I'm concerned. I cut the top guard off, rubber shrink tubed the grip and swapped sheaths with a USN dive knife sheath for the spring retention. It doesn't hurt that the black polymer/nylon sheath matches the black rubber heat shrink tube, either. Love it. My questions about your knives are what are the grip materials and how are the grips weighted? Hard to answer that last one without feeling it in the hand, I know. On a separate note, I heard a rumor somewhere that the USAF knife blade profile was copied from a Marbles bushcraft knife. Any truth to that? View attachment 114695

The D-2 steel holds a working edge for an amazingly long time, but it takes a while to redress it. KOA Magnum Wolverine:

The BK17 has a shaped MI Karta handle to better fit my hand.

The Military & Marbles had a running love/hate relationship, so the Government had a history of assigning contracts to the lowest bidder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom