Target Sports

what the hell is going on in this country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t know that they are occurring more frequently (even though I posted that it sure feels that way). The news decides what to shine a spotlight on and how long to keep it there. The effect it has on the mood of the country cannot be overstated. It’s incredibly powerful.

A lot of the assault weapon bans on the state level have a very good chance of being nullified by the Supreme Court, and it has those state politicians and the media in a panic. I think we will see an increase in coverage of anything that makes guns look evil.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    21,000 gun homicides
    365 days

57.5 per day
    24hrs

2.4 per hour

It's happening all the time
    Kinda like vehicle accident deaths...

And if you want to see torn up bodies of children, go check out some accident scenes. But since it doesn't help the agenda, the media doesn't show emergency room doctors calling that a "crisis".

They don't care about deaths, they care about disarmament of American Citizens. MEANWHILE, they ship arms... including firearms... all over the planet. Biden said you can't fight F-16s and nukes with rifles, but somehow, in Ukraine, they are particularly useful when fighting the country with the biggest nuclear arsenal on Earth.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They don't care about deaths, they care about disarmament of American Citizens. MEANWHILE, they ship arms... including firearms... all over the planet. Biden said you can't fight F-16s and nukes with rifles, but somehow, in Ukraine, they are particularly useful when fighting the country with the biggest nuclear arsenal on Earth.
    iu

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    250,000 deaths from medical errors...

You can run the math if you want
    Oh, my wife was one... and my grandfather before her. And I don't mean the doctor "failed to save them". I mean the doctor's actions killed them, my grandfather when he went in for elective back surgery (which was so ill-advised that I tried to contact the doctor beforehand to get him to reconsider), and my wife when she went in for an itchy finger which was misdiagnosed.

My wife's Certificate of Death violated every CDC guideline... literally made no sense and was completely bogus... and was issued 25 days after-the-fact when they are supposed to be done within five days... but nobody cared. And she was 39 at the time, 14 years younger than I.

P.S., let me add: Nobody cared, because Heather never smoked, never had an alcoholic drink, never tried an illegal drug, and never abused prescription drugs. Had she been an AIDS-infected heroin addict who died in prison while serving time for murder, it would have made the NATIONAL HEADLINES, and lawyers' limo-drivers would have been fighting over parking space in front of the house the NEXT DAY! (I'm looking at YOU, Ben Crump!)

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a good one... haven't watched it yet, but just based on the title:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just went to CNN‘s website and they can’t wait to put “possible right-wing ties” on the Texas shooter.

Since they didn’t run a headline reading “Trans activist attacks Christian school” when that happened I have to uselessly point out the difference in treatment.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I just went to CNN‘s website and they can’t wait to put “possible right-wing ties” on the Texas shooter.

Since they didn’t run a headline reading “Trans activist attacks Christian school” when that happened I have to uselessly point out the difference in treatment.
    Yep, headline should read -Unstable nutcase kills Tax slaves -

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yep... don't know the full picture yet, but it looks like a Hispanic "White Supremacist"... which totally makes sense. Right? Sounds much more like an orchestrated but ill-planned false flag.

I don't play video games... never have... but lets not lose sight of how these nonsensical mass shootings precisely resemble what goes on in what they call the "first-person shooter" games; the goal is nothing less than to shoot as many people as you can. And what about GTA and the explosion of car-jackings... see any similarities? And just think: This is a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR industry. Combine that with psychotropics (ANOTHER multi-billion dollar industry!), and some people seem to be unable to discern where the game ends and reality begins.

REMEMBER: Virtually every time, they are first diagnosed with a "mental illness", given drugs, and THEN go on to commit murder... AFTER they were "treated" with these drugs, NOT before. And by "diagnosed with a mental illness", keep in mind it can be something as simple as a six-year old being sad for a whole couple of weeks because his best friend moved away! "Depression"!

Some Americans LOVE to brag about how much money they blew, and you can be a real "big-shot" when you start telling your neighbors how much you spent taking little Johnny to the psychiatrist. And don't forget to mention how you always buy him the latest video games and consoles.

And how about THIS: I was in a local gun store about a month ago, and there was a Black guy waiting for his background check to clear. He had a small boy with him who looked to be about three years old... the boy could have been his son or grandson.

When I mentioned to store personnel that I'd heard that some cops in uniform will be stuck for hours waiting for a background check to clear, even as Joe Blow walks in off the street and gets an instant approval, the little boy started repeating over and over (apparently due to hearing the word "cops"):

"We gonna' get a gun so we can shoot the cops?"
    He did this about ten times before the adult said "You need to stop talking so loud", followed by "I need to stop letting you play GTA so much".

Three-year old kid, and he got the idea that guns are for "shooting cops" from a video game. Probably already doomed.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Both my boys played GTA and both have/are growing up as good poeple. Blaming killings on video games is no different than blaming the gun. By what it sounds like the little boy has no discipline. I made sure my boys understood games like GTA are fantasy. I also didn't let them play when they were 3 and if they ever said anything like that kid they would have lost their ability to play video games. A safe is good for securing guns and an Xbox when discipline needs to be administered!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just saw a good comment:

"IF THE TRUTH IS COMING OUT ON MONDAY, GET THE LIE OUT ON SUNDAY!!!!!"

NOT TO MENTION:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...-shooter-s-writings-amid-lawsuits/ar-AA1aHPti

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Both my boys played GTA and both have/are growing up as good poeple. Blaming killings on video games is no different than blaming the gun. By what it sounds like the little boy has no discipline. I made sure my boys understood games like GTA are fantasy. I also didn't let them play when they were 3 and if they ever said anything like that kid they would have lost their ability to play video games. A safe is good for securing guns and an Xbox when discipline needs to be administered!
    Yep... the key being some can handle it and have parents guiding them, and some can't and don't... just like with firearms.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    21,000 gun homicides
    365 days

57.5 per day
    24hrs

2.4 per hour

It's happening all the time
    2022:
    Car Fatalities 42,795
    117.2 per day
    4.8 per hour

Driving is a privilege that can be revoked and we still have this level of fatalities.

There are about 285 million motor vehicles in the US
    There are about 393 million firearms in civilian hands

Just saying...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    2022:
    Car Fatalities 42,795
    117.2 per day
    4.8 per hour

Driving is a privilege that can be revoked and we still have this level of fatalities.

There are about 285 million motor vehicles in the US
    There are about 393 million firearms in civilian hands

Just saying...
    Medical care is a privilege that requires "highly trained" people to provide it. There's less than 1,000,000 "total physicians" in the US.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And if you want to see torn up bodies of children, go check out some accident scenes. But since it doesn't help the agenda, the media doesn't show emergency room doctors calling that a "crisis".
    Well, well... they just admitted it:

"But it has also reignited a larger debate around the potential value of sharing graphic pictures to shape the public discourse at a time when mass shootings happen regularly in the United States."

Note that the bodies of some of those run over in Brownsville surely look much worse, but they see no "value" in providing the gory details to "shape public discourse" on incidents like that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...dling-debate-on-how-much-to-share/ar-AA1aUHCg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Shooter literally had a “Right Wing Death Squad” patch on his gear.

Top Bottom