• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    1: what is yall's favorite tactical shotgun ?
    2: Round counts on them?
    3: Problems?
    4:Good price range?

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My personal favorite is my Beretta 1301 tactical. I probably have like 50-60 shells of 00 buckshot through it with no issues. Think I paid around $1500-1600 for it then another few hundred on aftermarket parts and accessories.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My personal favorite is my Beretta 1301 tactical. I probably have like 50-60 shells of 00 buckshot through it with no issues. Think I paid around $1500-1600 for it then another few hundred on aftermarket parts and accessories.
    I have saw some of those beretta 1301 and heard nothing but decent things about em,do you think the 1301 is better then benelli m4 quality and functioning wise?

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have saw some of those beretta 1301 and heard nothing but decent things about em,do you think the 1301 is better then benelli m4 quality and functioning wise?
    From what I've heard, the 1301 recoils slightly harder than the Benelli M4, I haven't shot an M4 so I can't say firsthand. But the 1301 is also a bit lighter. As far as reliability, from what I can tell based on videos I've seen, they're probably just about equal

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Having worked on most or shot most every thing out there, for over 50 yrs, I buy or use what I have seen hold up, will work when I need it to, and can get parts to keep it going, and easy to replace , use a 1100 Rem for bird hunting, but a Rem 870 for every thing else, I have put hundreds of rds. through mine I got three, set up. It can set in the corner for yrs and will work when you need it. Have had this happen , Set up up with a side saddle cut barrel to 18 1/2 or 20 in, vent rib , Then learn to use it, in the dark.. The problem with Auto needs for care can't depend on it , plus ammo problems, the 870 is not ammo problems. This just for starters plus starters . Just my 50 cents jj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having worked on most or shot most every thing out there, for over 50 yrs, I buy or use what I have seen hold up, will work when I need it to, and can get parts to keep it going, and easy to replace , use a 1100 Rem for bird hunting, but a Rem 870 for every thing else, I have put hundreds of rds. through mine I got three, set up. It can set in the corner for yrs and will work when you need it. Have had this happen , Set up up with a side saddle cut barrel to 18 1/2 or 20 in, vent rib , Then learn to use it, in the dark.. The problem with Auto needs for care can't depend on it , plus ammo problems, the 870 is not ammo problems. This just for starters plus starters . Just my 50 cents
    I have heard mixed reviews on the 870, they say the ones built back in the day are better quality then the one's coming out today (don't know how true that is) and that the 870 have been known to have some failures that require to fully break down the gun to clear.

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have heard mixed reviews on the 870, they say the ones built back in the day are better quality then the one's coming out today (don't know how true that is) and that the 870 have been known to have some failures that require to fully break down the gun to clear.
    Yeah Remington lately has been gonr through bankruptcy and different CEOs and other stuff recently so their QC nowadays isn't what it used to be

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah Remington lately has been gonr through bankruptcy and different CEOs and other stuff recently so their QC nowadays isn't what it used to be
    I knew they were going through bankruptcy but still as a company or business, quality control should be number one just my opinion though. As far as changing ceo hopefully they will get that figured out, so they can make the good stuff again.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Something to consider with a "tactical" shotgun is will it shoot specialty less than lethal rounds? (ie.rubber buckshot, bean bags, pepper gas etc). Less than lethal options is something many people don't take into account during civil disturbances, riots, etc that seem to be more and more common. Most any good quality 12 ga pump shotgun can shoot these specialty rounds. Semi-autos tend to be very unreliable with specialty rounds.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m not a super shotgun guy, but over the years I have been issued a Benelli shorty (don’t remember the exact model), a Wilson Combat Border Patrol 14” 870, and a reg’lar old 870 with the 18” barrel. Of all of them, the shorty Benelli was my favorite. Back then, they hadn’t gotten the variable gas system figured out so it only worked with high brass loads, but it was fast, controllable, and handy. Easily my favorite.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Something to consider with a "tactical" shotgun is will it shoot specialty less than lethal rounds? (ie.rubber buckshot, bean bags, pepper gas etc). Less than lethal options is something many people don't take into account during civil disturbances, riots, etc that seem to be more and more common. Most any good quality 12 ga pump shotgun can shoot these specialty rounds. Semi-autos tend to be very unreliable with specialty rounds.
    That is a good point sir, but have no plans to use less then lethal rounds. I agree though that semi are unreliable with stuff like that and that particularly why I choose stay with a pump shotgun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m not a super shotgun guy, but over the years I have been issued a Benelli shorty (don’t remember the exact model), a Wilson Combat Border Patrol 14” 870, and a reg’lar old 870 with the 18” barrel. Of all of them, the shorty Benelli was my favorite. Back then, they hadn’t gotten the variable gas system figured out so it only worked with high brass loads, but it was fast, controllable, and handy. Easily my favorite.
    Benelli make some mighty fine stuff and heard the old 870 where built like tanks from what I understand

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Benelli make some mighty fine stuff and heard the old 870 where built like tanks from what I understand
    I have an early 90’s 870 that is personally owned. I am keeping that forever! I put a light on it with a side saddle, and one day I will SBS it to 14”.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are going pump, as much as I hate to say it, I would probably look at a Mossberg if you are buying new. I am an 870 armorer and I have carried 870’s for almost 30 years but the Mossberg is more modern and easier to work on.
    That's the problem, so much stuff now days, you have the mossberg flex, mossberg590,590A1,500, 535. Don't know to much on the remmingtons beside the 870.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mossberg Maverick 88 Security. 12 Gauge.
    250-300 Rds of 00Buck and Slugs. ZERO PROBLEMS!
    SBS'ed my Mav88 by putting a shockwave barrel and tube on it. 5+1 capacity. I don't know how "tactical" it is, but it's good enough for home defense. Probably ran about the same number of rounds through it as rossi, about 70-80 of those were on the short barrel. Never had an issue it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    SBS'ed my Mav88 by putting a shockwave barrel and tube on it. 5+1 capacity. I don't know how "tactical" it is, but it's good enough for home defense. Probably ran about the same number of rounds through it as rossi, about 70-80 of those were on the short barrel. Never had an issue it.
    See I have thought bout doing the sbs, but is there truly any benefit beside a little more movability and concilablity? Not trying sound like an ass hole, just truly wondering ?

Top Bottom