• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The time has come to replace the iron sights on my Glock 34. I've found that a semi circle rear ( Hellcat ) sight seems a bit easier to pickup for CQB, but it's not as refined past 15 yards as traditional Glock night sights. Anyone got any favorites? Please explain why they made your favorites list. Thanks, I'm all ears.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Check Night Fision out if you plan to get tritiums for sure. They likely make standard sights also, not sure. I just used them once for some for my 10mm. They was half the cost of others and American made too. Thier claim of 30% brighter seems to be true on mine at least. Worth a check tho, may save ya some money

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    No these guys...
    Last I checked they had some at like half the price of others. Maybe shoot them an email and see if they have what you're looking for.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last I checked they had some at like half the price of others.
    $108. I need to double check the specs, but they appear to nearly match the XS 3 Dot available on Amazon for $70. 17 year warranty vice 12. Now how to compare advertising claims?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    $108. I need to double check the specs, but they appear to nearly match the XS 3 Dot available on Amazon for $70. 17 year warranty vice 12. Now how to compare advertising claims?
    Ill try remember to take a side by side of all the tritiums I have at home for ya when I get back home

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ill try remember to take a side by side of all the tritiums I have at home for ya when I get back home
    Offthecuff13 and I had a conversation and we both are awaiting your continued input DAS HUGH. May be more than just one member curious. Brighter night sights are always interesting. JMHO.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Offthecuff13 and I had a conversation and we both are awaiting your continued input DAS HUGH. May be more than just one member curious. Brighter night sights are always interesting. JMHO.
    Sorry got busy and forgot. I just made you some in a dark room now with lights off. You can still see how much brighter they are. On the left is a 10mm with X Fision sights. The right is a SIG P226 Legion with thier brand of Tritiums. Note how much larger the dots are as a whole. They have roughly the same tritium size sorta. The X Fisions tho also have glow in the dark white rings around the tubes tho that also glows. So yeah at least 30% brighter overall

Attachments

• 20221022_090049.jpg
      20221022_090049.jpg
      313.5 KB · Views: 52
    • 20221022_090330.jpg
      20221022_090330.jpg
      108.5 KB · Views: 50

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, guess you sold me. $108 + $5 shipping. Since I don't own the proper equipment for R&Ring Glock Sights guess I'll be making a trip to Shooters when they arrive. Thanks for the input. Offthecuff13 will probably wait and see what I think of them after some range time.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Great! Do you have other pistols with tritiums that you can do a side by side comparison with once you get them?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have multiple sidearms equipped with tritium night sights. But as far as comparing, I'll just use the Glock factory on a Model 21 SF and a set of Trijicon on a 1911 or whatever night sights are on my Hellcat. It shouldn't take long to see if the Night Fision sights are brighter than all the rest. I'll update when the project is completed.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ok great. If you don't mind, take some side by side pics and let me see the results when finished. I bought this 10mm springfeild a while back. I immediately wanted to get rid of the suppressor sights due to not having a can for it yet, and wanted some real defense sights instead till then. A couple days after buying it I visited another buddies gunstore and he happened to have a set that fit it in stock and on his shelf. I was surprised he actually had them on hand. So he made me a deal to buy and install them. I couldn't refuse the price he gave so I jumped on the deal. If I did go and order them I likely would have got a little different style tbh. These tho have grown on me I admit. So that's how I learned about them. Not many others have even heard about them. So I'd like to hear your honest opinion and comparison when they are finished. Thanks

Captain Dave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out Dawson Precision. I have them on my 34 and love them. Fiber optic front, wide notch black rear. Great for competition.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom