• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that a gun would be badly damaged from firing a 9mm bullet through a 30 caliber barrel. . In this case no. The bullet was inaccurate, but after wards firing the correct ammo, accuracy was there. Even the report from the mismatch firing was not so different in noise or recoil.

1620759554169.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly not a recommended practice and I am taking him at his word that he actually did do what he says. It is not what I expected. At the moment I am just wondering about it and I have not accepted it yet, but I also can not deny it either. While I have pistols in 7.62x25, I will not be firing a 9x19 in those guns anytime soon.

Here is a question if you absolutely had to be defend yourself and only had 9.x19 ammo and a 7.63 mauser C96, what would you do?

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly not a recommended practice and I am taking him at his word that he actually did do what he says. It is not what I expected. At the moment I am just wondering about it and I have not accepted it yet, but I also can not deny it either. While I have pistols in 7.62x25, I will not be firing a 9x19 in those guns anytime soon.

Here is a question if you absolutely had to be defend yourself and only had 9.x19 ammo and a 7.63 mauser C96, what would you do?
    Throw the Mauser at them and run like hell. After seeing that guys hand blown up after a gun failure I'm more conscious of any potential for an ammo failure than I used to be.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

When you factor in that none of his 9mm projectiles hit the target, taking that risk is a poor choice. A contact shot might work but it might take you out of the fight too.

Top Bottom