• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sitting at home after surgery so rearranged pistols in the safe with new pistol racks I purchased from Ruger. Got them on sale for $6 Much better than the Walmart plate racks I was using

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cool weather this morning so I cast 404 6.5mm bullets. Also, my order of once fired 303 British brass arrived. It's in the tumbler now.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Been looking for an Australian SMLE or No 1 Mk III*. I’d always get out bid, higher than I wanted to spend. Found one with not the most informative description. Asked the shop specific questions about stamped numbers other than the serial number and suspected there was more to this rifle than shown in the auction photos. Asked for a very specific photo of the left side of the receiver front ring. Upon seeing the photo and the A^F marking, I bid and won when no one else bid. It’s an Australian Air Force marked SMLE from 1943. A small number were diverted from being sent to the Army, marked A^F, and sent to their Air Force.

Edited to add: Got word from Australia, the A F property markings were applied after WWII. Lithgow was doing a FTR (Factory Thorough Repair) program post WWII to repair/refurbish No 1 Mk III*s (just as other countries were refurbishing their service rifles after WWII). Some were sent to the Air Force and A F marked. A survey of FTR marked rifles showed about 1 in 50 were A F marked. Right above the serial number, mine has the FTR marking.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Went to ERGC and gave my new membership a try! Had #3 pistol range all to myself. Which was nice so I could zero a couple pistols that had new dots mounted up. Really gonna enjoy having a range 12 minutes up the road thats great!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Melted down bullets gotten from the range backstop into ingots. I separate into previously cast and lead from jacketed bullets. Hardness testing shows the previously cast bnh at 14.5 (very close to Lyman #2, so I mix them in with my #2 alloy). Lead from jacketed comes out at 10.5-11 or close to clip on wheel weights, so I mix linotype with them to make more #2 equivalent alloy. Works for me.

Went to kendive's house, and he scanned into pdf files the manual pages of my CZ RV-85 grenade launcher so I could send them to another RV-85 owner who was missing a manual. Hope the other owner can read Czech.

Reactions: FLT

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wish I could do a "Range Day". I've been on self imposed Range "Hour" for too many months already. Had a kydex holster crack above area that is formed to go over the belt. It was single sheet kydex without any other belt fasteners. I've been wearing a Bigfoot steel reinforced, thick gun belt for the last five months and inserting the holster over the top of the belt and flexing the point where it cracked was the obvious reason I killed it. Ordered a new rig in a different style yesterday. I'm drooling over a couple in the For Sale Section but damn I hate to drive 90+ miles. We need an enterprising person to create an UberFFLish delivery thingy.

Dylan O'Leary

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's an idea from a forum. The "what gun stuff did you do today" thread. We could make it a sticky if it' gets popular (enough). It's just a place to to go and yap about Anything or Everything. This may have been a better idea when there was NO ammo to be had.....but......

I went to my local store on base to see if they had anything new and wound up getting the OTIS "B.O.N.E." tool. I'm a gadgety kind of dude and the BONE tool looks useful enough. Figured for $21 I'd give it a try. So, now I need to take my AR out and dirty it up.
    Today I realized I need to hire a champion pistol shooter to test my new pistol & ammo. What's the best way to call for one in this forum? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom