Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

edited to add

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    What Ken doesn’t mention is that a 4 shot group with 250 gr bullets at 100 yd all shot with the same or nearly the same air pressure was ONE INCH CENTER TO CENTER! As the tank air pressure started to drop more, so did the bullets, about 1/2” per shot for two shots. At that point he recharged the tank back up from his portable tank. I was impressed.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yesterday started casting 8mm bullets and continued today. It's a limited run Lee mould (called 8mm MAX) that casts a Long, heavy (240gr) 8mm bullet designed for military rifles with a long throat to fill up. Perfect for the 8mm Swedish rolling block. Because the bullet is long for the caliber with more lube grooves than typical, I need the mould hot and the alloy about 150 degrees hotter than used in iron moulds in order to fill out the bullet before it starts to harden. That means longer to cast as one waits longer for the alloy to harden. Thus yesterday + today's totals = 513. Goal is 1000, as I only shoot them in one rifle.

BONUS: Got a PM from a GCGF member who is giving me some soft lead he has lying around. Soft lead + tin (20 to 1 ratio) is what I use in the Danish roller and will probably use in the Argentine roller. A nice PM to have received.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It's just not the price of an PCP airgun. It's having the ability to recharge them. I have three different pumps that can fill to 4500 psi. Two CF tanks that I keep charged to 4500 psi and also a High Pressure filter system to keep the air dry and clean.

I sold my shoebox compressor and it still today was my favorite. It was slow but did the job. I got to take to the eng that designed and built them several times. This was his part time thing he worked for the govt and I can't say what he did. Great Guy !!!

Ha, I have the 2,500 psi, foot pump.....free workout to refill the gun. Then 20 shots and pump up again. Kinda kills the fun.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yesterday finished casting 8mm bullets for next year. Goal: 1000 Ended up with 1026.

Started casting for the 43 Spanish. It typically takes experimenting with a new mould to figure out the temp it likes, so it was slow going at first, but I got it down. Cast 141 of the 373gr bullets. Waiting on 43 Spanish brass, so no reloading yet. When the brass arrives I can see if it will take bullets as-cast diameter or will they need to be sized. From measurements so far, it looks like as-cast will be a tight fit in the chamber, but good for the bore diameter.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It looks like casting bullets may be worthwhile again in the near future for me, I bought the equipment and learned how to cast bullets in the late 80’s. I then cleaned and pack up everything for long term storage , I’m thinking it’s time to get out the equipment and refresh my casting knowledge and check to make sure I haven’t misplaced anything important.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Gotta get a barbed wire tat first. I don't think that I am tactical enough as is.
    But you are absolutely right. My Wilson Combat engineered 10mm carbine needs to be shot.
    Especially now since Joel has sold his.
    I heer'ed tell that he got $125.00 for it. ---- SAWMAN
    How did the shooting go??

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For you bullet casting guys - -> I know where there is plenty of local lead. Both hard and soft. Most likely at a good price also. In small,manageable pigs.
    I will contact the owner and he will contact you. (maybe) ---- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Switched my setups swapping scope, bus, and carry handle. and changed out a muzzle device. Question, how do I get my pic rail bipod on my new mlok lower? I am a pic rail guy in an mlok world lol.Oh and Rebel says if no pics it didn't happen so...

image1.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Switched my setups swapping scope, bus, and carry handle. and changed out a muzzle device. Question, how do I get my pic rail bipod on my new mlok lower? I am a pic rail guy in an mlok world lol.Oh and Rebel says if no pics it didn't happen so...

View attachment 98623
    Nice! You'll need an mloc pic rail section that will lock into the 6 o'clock slot. Easy to do. Figure out what lenght you need for the bipod mount. I'm a big fan of the forward grip with the bipod that snaps out of it. Sturdy, lightweight and less snag/clutter. Get a bayo, might be handy!

Attachments

• 63414-2c6d17dfcc6962ca8ac30a4f341ff638.jpg
      63414-2c6d17dfcc6962ca8ac30a4f341ff638.jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 73
    • 20201020_180808.jpg
      20201020_180808.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 79
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Just got in a new Trijicon MRO (red-dot) and LaRue Tactical QD mount (LT-839) combo from LaRue Tactical That is on sale for $440. I also got in five new Coyote Tan 30-round Gen M3 PMAGs from Primary Arms that were on sale for $12.99 each (limit 5). The PMAGs are being used for my SHTF loadout with my M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone. I now have to determine what I will do with the MRO. Hmmm?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Just got in a new Trijicon MRO (red-dot) and LaRue Tactical QD mount (LT-839) combo from LaRue Tactical That is on sale for $440. I also got in five new Coyote Tan 30-round Gen M3 PMAGs from Primary Arms that were on sale for $12.99 each (limit 5). The PMAGs are being used for my SHTF loadout with my M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone. I now have to determine what I will do with the MRO. Hmmm?
    Cool. I think you need to build another rifle! :)

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Cool. I think you need to build another rifle! :)

I would love to build something, but not sure what. I have so many variations as it is. I do have an Aero Precision upper receiver still in the box and a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S still in the can. I would just have to decide about the rest. I am selling one of my ARs in the morning, so I would have room if I decided to build. Anyhow, I am in no hurry.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    BTW, I also made an upgrade on my BCM Jack Carbine. I replaced the mount that came with the Aimpoint PRO with a new LaRue Tactical LT-150 mount. Now, it looks less bulky and is a bit lighter. I also got the new LaRue Tactical 2020 Happy Holiday Dillo with it (free with the order). That gives me HH Dillos from 2008-2020.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    200 more bullets cast for the Argentine rolling block. Still waiting on brass ordered from 2 places, 1 says 3-6 weeks; other is about 3 weeks and was ordered Nov 16th.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    177 more 43 Spanish bullets cast.

Met a property owner when I went to check if cotton had been harvested from some fields we hunt for hogs. Nope, still had cotton. With cotton gone, we can see for hundreds of yards. Owner has 100 acres for us to hunt hogs on, and there are hogs there. He’ll put out cameras and bait for hogs. Needs to take me to the property and show it and how to get around. Now I didn’t plan on the meeting the owner...he drove up as I was looking over the cotton through binoculars (I had met him before).

Top Bottom