• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Pig hunt was pretty good considering....used the Barnes 50gr TSX FB over some H380. They proved to be right at .5MOA ...then took the scope off, mounted and sighted in the Thermal. Got 3 in the first sounder at just over 250yds. I see I am outta practice hitting moving targets at that distance....I clearly saw that I stopped the gun on both rounds sent. My other buddy didn't have an issue with the 6.5PRC on the runners....he got a stander and runner...then the fog set in making it hard to range distance....then the rain set in... making it hard to get out of the van or see from the rooftop thermal. I do know a few spots now that could use a depredation permit for deer though

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Picked up a classic S&W 640-1 Lew Horton performance center factory ported model for a good price and went for it. Used to have one of these 20 years ago and always regretted selling it. Pistol is in nice shape and I am a happy camper.

View attachment 283340 View attachment 283341 View attachment 283342 View attachment 283343
    i got a 340 PD for CC...i saw your post on another forum just now , mine weights 13 oz loaded and is a brut on magnums but its perfect for personal protection for me just put the front sight on center mass like a red dot then detonate twice

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Got the strap for my powder horn and now all I have to do is cut the horn and insert the brass fitting...my luck the peg would fall out and dump the powder and no follow up shot if needed. Goes with my new Murse/Possibles Bag pretty good.

IMG_2103.jpg

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Went to Element Range today. Took my 1903A3. Got hits at 300 and 400 yds. Iron sights. Probably just luck because I can barely see the steel targets. They need to paint them a florescent color then I know I can hit them. Man that .30-06 kicks like a mule. Don’t remember it kicking so much.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Went to Element Range today. Took my 1903A3. Got hits at 300 and 400 yds. Iron sights. Probably just luck because I can barely see the steel targets. They need to paint them a florescent color then I know I can hit them. Man that .30-06 kicks like a mule. Don’t remember it kicking so much.
    I have one made 1944 ,it looks like it has seen every battle since that date too .i have yet to fire it and yes those battle sights are for 17 year olds

Top Bottom