• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They don't need to control guns if they can control ammo and it looks to me like someone is doing a fine job of it!! I have been trying to find 12 ga. target loads for weeks.....I found 2 cases of Federals........170 a CASE!! The case I have left is marked 63.95!! Really...#1 there are VERY few to be had and if they are available...the dealers are stealing from us. I found 4 boxes...19.99 a BOX!! Are you kidding me???

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yep, you are correct in my opinion, no ammo or price it so high it’s unaffordable is GUN CONTROL

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm sitting on a nice supply. Only my son shoots now till my seizures get under control. I refuse to sell any of it to anyone. Not being an ass, but need to keep ammo for myself. Have a bunch of reloading supplies also.

I won't pay these ridiculous prices and once other do the same, prices WILL drop. I'm finding stuff in stores from time to time at regular pricing. I will not add to this BS.

Doc

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Good for you Doc, I’ve got a pretty good stash and adding to it when I can pick some up at reasonable prices, don’t mind driving an hour or two to get it either....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On snipershide we have stayed trading boards where we can see what's kinda local to us by each state. It seems a lot of people arent buying into this preposterous pricing. We all trade or sell at normal pricing. No gouging allowed.

Doc

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is more ammo being produced and it is now distributed according to those that can pay or those that have a connection to buy it at a box store when it comes in. The only real shortage is that remington is down. There is apparently a shortage of raw materials that is not helping with expansion of production.
    So there is more ammo and more guns out there then before this crisis. So it is not really gun control yet.
    I have a life time supply (I am in my 70's) in one fighting caliber purchased prior to this crisis and if I use every primer and power stock that I have, I will have some ammo, but not a life time training supply for every gun that I own.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes they feed themselves as much of "their" primer production as they need for ammo production which makes more prifit; rightfully so. Ammo Mfrs are also getting the lions share of other loading components also. Powder Mfrs will fill those large volumn contracts and not mess with smaller lots of diverse powder types. For the most part, ammo Mfrs have proprietary mixtures, so it's not like they can divert some Winchester XXX and market it if its not already an approved product, that too may be unavailable do to priority Factory demand. IRT raw materials, their competing with all types of manufactures. We may well see alum/steel become more common than brass over the next 10 years. I like many others, thoght reloading would also be backup plan for shortages. I hadn't bought components cheap and stocked deep because I sold most of it with the progressive press when I left Idaho.

Folks might put some thought on what firearms they own that can shoot cast bullets, get at least one bullet mold, maybe a standard rifling barrel for their Glock and think about alternatives to high velicoty rifles if their ammo stache isn't satisfactory for the long haul.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes they feed themselves as much of "their" primer production as they need for ammo production which makes more prifit; rightfully so. Ammo Mfrs are also getting the lions share of other loading components also. Powder Mfrs will fill those large volumn contracts and not mess with smaller lots of diverse powder types. For the most part, ammo Mfrs have proprietary mixtures, so it's not like they can divert some Winchester XXX and market it if its not already an approved product, that too may be unavailable do to priority Factory demand. IRT raw materials, their competing with all types of manufactures. We may well see alum/steel become more common than brass over the next 10 years. I like many others, thoght reloading would also be backup plan for shortages. I hadn't bought components cheap and stocked deep because I sold most of it with the progressive press when I left Idaho.

Folks might put some thought on what firearms they own that can shoot cast bullets, get at least one bullet mold, maybe a standard rifling barrel for their Glock and think about alternatives to high velicoty rifles if their ammo stache isn't satisfactory for the long haul.
    What guns do you have that handle cast bullets could be important. It can be done in an AR 5.56, but my understanding ia it is not a good idea. Some do ok with the glocks and marlin microgroove rifles.
    38s, 1911 in 45, and other older technologis do it well.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Eric at ammoammo
    Ammo Intel & Fresh Resources
    You've probably noticed, ammo supply remains incredibly tight right now. Our crew is getting ammo in every week but it's not nearly enough to feed the millions of new gun owners we've had join our ranks since last year. Know we're working to get as much as we can right now and we're putting it up for sale as soon as the guys in the warehouse get it checked in.

We're hearing from several manufacturers that their production lines will be operating at full capacity for the entire year. So, we're not expecting things to get better immediately but hopefully the supply chain is making progress.
    Meanwhile, Kevin and our School of Guns staff are staying busy too. They've put together a bunch of new resources to help you get the most from your range time.
    Here are a couple highlights from those articles that you'll enjoy:
    1.) How to Site In A Pistol Laser
    If you scored a new pistol in the past year, you might be looking at a laser pistol sight to go along with it. In this recent guide, Kevin explains how to sight in a laser pistol to get the most from that investment.
    2.) Subsonic Ammo Testing
    Using a specialized piece of testing equipment, our staff put subsonic ammunition to the test. The test results give us a better idea of just how much quieter subsonic loads with a suppressor are than "normal" supersonic ammo fired unsuppressed.
    3.) New Shooter Series
    If you're one of the millions of new gun owners since 2020, welcome!

Being the new guy at the gun range can be a little intimidating. We get it. So, we have an entire section of the School of Guns dedicated to new shooter concepts that you might not know and didn't want to ask. Check out our Intro to Guns page where you'll find easy-to-understand guides from everything covering How to Load A Magazine to How to Shoot a Rifle.
    We sure appreciate your support and apologize for any frustration the ammo supply situation has caused.

Regards,
    Eric at AmmoMan

Top Bottom