• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I've got this old Colt Army Special 38 that I've had probably longer than any other gun I've owned. It was hard chromed and the finish was coming off, so I got a cruddy cerakote job by Don's a while ago and they lost the grips that were on it. Obviously, doesn't look like I'll be getting them back from them. Does anyone know what grips would fit this guy? I can't find what frame size this is counted as, or find grips that looked like what were on there. It had a set of old butter coloured pearly grips. Any suggestions on grips or sites that sell em? Thanks!

Attachments

• 16741016498075821355182448614413.jpg
      16741016498075821355182448614413.jpg
      337.1 KB · Views: 48
    • 20230118_220953.jpg
      20230118_220953.jpg
      130.4 KB · Views: 44

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    You need the grips someone bought for an old SW and found out they were colt. Dang it. Who was it?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    You mean they handed it back and said “we lost the grips”, end of story?
    My response would have been “then you better get on EBay and Gunbroker and buy an identical set.”
    They threw on a set of big ugly grips, but I shoulda done that. I was young, and dumb.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The older Colt & S&W stocks ( grips ) are worth a pretty penny . Early Colt Target grips fully checkered in Exc are $ 500 all day long , even the walnut service grips like the Offiical Police / Army Special came with are 200 & if pre-war with the nickle screw & estuechons 250

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    The older Colt & S&W stocks ( grips ) are worth a pretty penny . Early Colt Target grips fully checkered in Exc are $ 500 all day long , even the walnut service grips like the Offiical Police / Army Special came with are 200 & if pre-war with the nickle screw & estuechons 250
    Well that clears up the mystery on how they got "lost" bunch of scumbags.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    The grips looked something like this. The gun was hard chrome finished which I reckon wasn't factory, so I doubt the grips were either. I got the gun cerakoted the same chrome colour to hide the bare spots. The grips matched pretty nicely, and I'm not a pearl fan usually!

Attachments

• Colt_PP2.jpg
      Colt_PP2.jpg
      8.7 KB · Views: 35

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The grips looked something like this. The gun was hard chrome finished which I reckon wasn't factory, so I doubt the grips were either. I got the gun cerakoted the same chrome colour to hide the bare spots. The grips matched pretty nicely, and I'm not a pearl fan usually!
    You sure they were pearl ? MOP keeps its snow white translucent look , real ivory yellows with age . Real ivory which is illegal now days which is why it's realllyy expensive . I hope you didn't get ripped for a pr of them .

Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got this old Colt Army Special 38 that I've had probably longer than any other gun I've owned. It was hard chromed and the finish was coming off, so I got a cruddy cerakote job by Don's a while ago and they lost the grips that were on it. Obviously, doesn't look like I'll be getting them back from them. Does anyone know what grips would fit this guy? I can't find what frame size this is counted as, or find grips that looked like what were on there. It had a set of old butter coloured pearly grips. Any suggestions on grips or sites that sell em? Thanks!
    pm'd you on grips i think these i have may fit . Has screw with them. they are not white

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pic of the early Colt Target grips , Pythons had gold medallions , everything else had silver . Colt Officers Model Match 38 special
    My 1973 Colt Diamondback had gold medallions on the grips. I don't think the newer ones did though.

Top Bottom