Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

What do y’all think about this?

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
You stand corrected.
Check the laws for deer,hogs/coyote,and turkey. Racoon with a 22 ?? Dove and quail ?? Then there is migratory birds (ducks and geese). AND - -> crows. ---- SAWMAN

Just Lookin

Reaction score
Isn't the max for a bolt action ten rounds? (state of Florida) as in the British Enfield's, the clip holds ten? With soft points or hollow points, they "could" be used to hunt with?

Deersniper270

Reaction score
I stand by I don’t need more than 5 rounds to hunt. When I am deer hunting, the deer is not actively trying to kill me back. Big difference between hunting and self defense

MauserLarry

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
You stand corrected.
Check the laws for deer,hogs/coyote,and turkey. Racoon with a 22 ?? Dove and quail ?? Then there is migratory birds (ducks and geese). AND - -> crows. ---- SAWMAN
Thanks Sawman! To be truthful I never looked at the regs concerning magazine size, never even suspected it would make any difference. I don't even own a 5 rounder. Will take care of all my shortcomings and be legal.

John B.

Reaction score
I hog hunt a little bit on public land in Florida. On public land, for hogs, centerfire rifles must abide by the 5 round limit... I have a pistol lower I swap out on my SBR specifically to avoid the rule. Between hunting all day, back and forth in the boat. It's a lot easier for me to put a 30rd mag in the gun and be done with it....

The bigger question here, who cares how many shots you can or can't kill a deer with. All gun laws are infringements. So there's that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Sponsors

Top Bottom