• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    love my old 10-22... upgraded barrel, stock, and 10 years back i did scope it. stupidly boringly reliable and plenty accurate.

bpreston

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn’t see anyone mention any lever guns! Love my Henry H001. Had to get the big loop lever cause it’s cool, and we all know half the battle is looking cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rimmed .22s are dirty and lever actions can ba a PITA to clean. I do like the Ithaca M49 Lever action falling block, single shot with a18 inch barrel that accommodates Short, Long and LR. Never tried CBs. I traded a surf board for it while in CA. Almost a tack driver, delivering clover leaf or better all day long. Trained/helped train over two dozen kids with it. My Son has it now and he doing the same good work.
    ithaca_m49_loading_7342.jpg

peteGon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    currently have a ruger 10/22 stainless with a bushnell rimfire 6-18X40 scope, at 25 yds it's a lot of fun to shoot little circles and squares, but the scopes crosshairs are not as fine as I would desire, also being a semiauto the brass is a pain to pick-up, it is a fun gun, although I have been considering a bolt gun, I believe you can do better grouping with them, been considering the CZ, maybe down the rode.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While second in recommendation for "fun" only, the Ruger 10-22 simply can't be beat. I still have the one I bought with grass cutting money, from Woolco Department store, in the old Tallahassee Mall, around 1975/1976.

I also love the Winchester Mod 250 that my dad left us. For a lever action, it's fun and shoots Short, Long, and Long Rifle.

Fortunately I have enough .22LR ammo stashed, LONG BEFORE the panic buying happened, to be good to go until they put me in the ground.

That brought back memories. I bought my first gun, also a Ruger 10/22 with money I made as well cutting grass when I was around 14 or 15, so almost 50 years ago. I still have it. Here is another one I bought all beat up at a pawn shop for like fifty bucks about thirty years ago and have since then highly modified it on a Form 1 to make it Hollywood quiet. Talk about fun to shoot, all you can hear is the bolt slapping back and forth and the bullet hitting downrange:
    Ruger resize.jpg

Top Bottom