• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I do a lot of my own gun work I do not consider myself a gun smith, more just a parts changer. Recently I had the honor to welcome home a few old friends that needed more attention that I can provide. Generally speaking if you find a good gunsmith your gun is going to be there for a while because he's busy.
    20220623_150606.jpg

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A while? I got put on an 18 month waiting list to even send anything to Cylinder and Slide. I do appreciate how they handle the issue so your gun isn't just sitting there for 2 years. They told me they can't find enough qualified folks--particularly pistol smiths. It's no longer taught much at the trade schools, apparently.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A while? I got put on an 18 month waiting list to even send anything to Cylinder and Slide. I do appreciate how they handle the issue so your gun isn't just sitting there for 2 years. They told me they can't find enough qualified folks--particularly pistol smiths. It's no longer taught much at the trade schools, apparently.
    Actually 21 months but I knew they were in good hands and it's not like I didn't have something to use while they were away. And now it's like they've been gone for so long it's like I just got three new guns

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually 21 months but I knew they were in good hands and it's not like I didn't have something to use while they were away. And now it's like they've been gone for so long it's like I just got three new guns

If you got spares, guess it's ok. I won't buy bananas that are too green anymore.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I do a lot of my own gun work I do not consider myself a gun smith, more just a parts changer. Recently I had the honor to welcome home a few old friends that needed more attention that I can provide. Generally speaking if you find a good gunsmith your gun is going to be there for a while because he's busy. View attachment 171276
    Love seeing someone keep the old ones in the game. Thx. Oh, my. Those first two could be assault weapons. Good for you.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I waited 22 months for Cylinder and Slide to replace a broken barrel cam and do their action package #1 on my Hi-power. Busey Gunworks over in East Milton is a legit smith and I only waited 6 weeks for some 1911 work to be done. Skilled gunsmiths have been slowly getting replaced by gun repairmen and modular polymer pistols. I had to teach myself how to work on S&W revolvers because nobody around here knows enough for me to trust them with mine...

Top Bottom