Votes: 2 4.3%
    • Want to get

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To all who know me I am a local Concealed Carry instructor if you don't my name is Tim and I am a very happy to help in any way i can. This section was set up for any questions or advice needed. Ask me anything if i do not know the answer i will do my best to get you an answer.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1st question.. Hows the hot dog biz goin? :D

I still got those extra trailer parts for you just let me know when you want em

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is my overall cost in getting my CCW? What about for me and my wife together, any cheaper? I have been contemplating getting my CCW for a few years now. Talk some sense into me, please. O*D*W

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    O*D*W - you should get your license. Here in Florida, we have a Concealed Weapon License -- whereas many other states only offer a Pistol or Handgun Permit. This means that you can legally carry a variety of concealed weapons in Florida. With Florida being a "shall issue" state -- it is a great right for the citizens of Florida, and I encourage you to obtain the license to exercise that right!

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I deffinitely want to. Right now, I just keep it accessable, but wouldfeel alot better if i could keep it on me. Any advice or info i can get, would be greatly apreciated. O*D*W

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the cosst and how o go about getting your ccw

I deffinitely want to. Right now, I just keep it accessable, but wouldfeel alot better if i could keep it on me. Any advice or info i can get, would be greatly apreciated. O*D*W

first off its very easy. you take a class and get your cert. you then have 2 choices . one is to mail in the application with your 10card and passport photos,a copy of your cert. and a check or money order for $112.00 get your card in 6-8 weeks average

second call the dept of agriculture and make an appt . you will take them you Drivers lic and your cert and a check or money order for 112.00.... everthing done there and the do electronic fingerprinting. get card in 1-2 weeks average

class through me is 50.00 per person. private class for you and wife 100.00 in your home for your comfort.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How does one become a Concealed Carry Instructor? What type of training or certifications are required? Thanks!

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my route was becoming an NRA instructor. you can also be an Police instuctor. its not a cheap thing. for nra you take 3 sep classes. you take the basic instructor then pistol instructor, then the protection inside the home and protection outside the home instructor courses.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess ,I did it the hard way, FDLE Cert. Inst. for over 13 yrs, train Leo student's and CCW class, I do the class room and live fire in one Place. Cover safety in home and out side, stste laws, Fed.laws. Ways to carry, types of firearms, I furnish different types for people to try, I want sign off until the person has showed some abilty to safety handle and fire a handgun, and that is more then one rd. just for starters. jj

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you put your time in.that's great. The more quality instructors the better. The more people we can certify to help protect our rights and each other

Last edited:

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tim, we had a great time this weekend! My wife and I both feel we learned quite a bit and got alot of helpful info from you. My wifes confidence is through the roof, and she will not let me live it down that she is a better shot than me. Lol. Thank you, again, and I will deffinitely pass your info along to anyone I know who needs you. O*D*W (Mike)

j74snook

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    where are you located. I took class about a year and a half ago and got my cert but never followed through due to finances. not sure its still valid or not.

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    where are you located. I took class about a year and a half ago and got my cert but never followed through due to finances. not sure its still valid or not.

Where is who located? I am in Pensacola. Dragonfire is from Santa Rosa County. He will come to you if you prefer. My wife and I chose to put in some range time, so we all met up at quintette. I also plan to have him come over to the house and do some home defense tactics. I definitely recommend you check out MyFloridaCCW.com and get in touch with him. If not to get you ccw, at least for refresher course. O*D*W

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not sure how long after you get it you need to turn it in. I will call and check monday. I would gladdly do a refresher for you if you set in with a class it will be at no charge if i come to you t will be 50

j74snook

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not sure how long after you get it you need to turn it in. I will call and check monday. I would gladdly do a refresher for you if you set in with a class it will be at no charge if i come to you t will be 50

I appreciate that but would not entertain the thought of you doing it for free. I'd gladly pay you for your service. I,ll try to get up with you next weekend. I work out of state and usually home on weekends. Thanks

Army_of_One

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That statement while true should have included the excerpt from CH 790, some people think you can carry any weapon such as SBS, SBR, and machine guns.
    For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9)

O*D*W - you should get your license. Here in Florida, we have a Concealed Weapon License -- whereas many other states only offer a Pistol or Handgun Permit. This means that you can legally carry a variety of concealed weapons in Florida. With Florida being a "shall issue" state -- it is a great right for the citizens of Florida, and I encourage you to obtain the license to exercise that right!

fullauto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    first off its very easy. you take a class and get your cert. you then have 2 choices . one is to mail in the application with your 10card and passport photos,a copy of your cert. and a check or money order for $112.00 get your card in 6-8 weeks average

second call the dept of agriculture and make an appt . you will take them you Drivers lic and your cert and a check or money order for 112.00.... everthing done there and the do electronic fingerprinting. get card in 1-2 weeks average

class through me is 50.00 per person. private class for you and wife 100.00 in your home for your comfort.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any CC instr's in Franklin Co area u know of ?
    Will Fl. honor a N.Y. pistol permit & waive the course ? Can i get a CCL by showing the valid N.Y. pistol permit ?
    My wife & i both are now...Florida residents with current Fl. DMV lic.
    Do u know where the closest Dept of Agr is to Apalachicola or ph # ?
    Thanks for the assistance in advance !

Top Bottom