• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I won't give the guy's name, but I had a very strange interaction on here. Some guy left an ad and wanted to sell something. I private messaged him about it, and then he said he had another one of the same item. He said he'd sell them both for a set price, then he didn't contact me for a day or so. Then when he did, he gave a completely different price, a much higher price, than the original price he said. He then ho-hummed and beat around the bush and wouldn't give me a place to meet. He then says: "Let me think on it." Then he texts me some strange pictures, and some weird stories. He gave me a lot of TMI (too much information). Then he tells me even more things that I just don't need to know! ...Like how much money he makes, and what he does in his spare time, and how he dislikes his wife, etc. It was very, very CREEPY!

I told him I didn't need what he was selling, and to have a nice day. He then sent me even more pics of the items. And, then ended with: "Have a nice evening." Why would he send me more pics of the things he wasn't going to sell me?

So, with all that stated...

FYI, to anyone on this forum: If you are REALLY SELLING stuff, then sell it. Don't lead people on! And, don't try to change the prices to higher than what you have set in the ads. OKAY??? Also, meet and sell asap. Don't leave people hanging. This was the WORST experience I've had on this forum. Made me wonder if the guy was real or A.I., or if he was an "agent" of some three-letter organization, or if he was just a complete JERK! Either way, I'll not be doing any deals with that guy!
    I would love to tell you who he was, but I'll take the high ground and not mention his name. I will say that he hasn't sold much on this forum though, (looks like a newbie to me), and he told me that he's still trying to do some deals with others on here.

I hope you don't come across him!

With that said, before this, I've never had a bad experience. Everyone was so nice. But this guy took the cake! Please don't give your personal information to others, especially if you don't know them! Don't tell them your personal history or how much money you have, or have made, in the past couple of months. We DO NOT need to know what your financial background is. Okay?

I still don't know why he tried to share that with me. It was SOOOOOOOO CREEEEEEEPY! He even sent me a picture of wads of cash. I'm like "WHAT???" I don't care how much money the guy has!!! That's none of my business!

So be alert. Situational awareness!

That's all I have to say.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I hope you at least told a mod who this member is.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It must be the day for weirdness. Had a PM from a newer memeber last night offering a firm firearm trade for a watch I am selling on this site. Replied to him twice but no response. Then see he posted under buyer/seller reviews as the buyer, a thanks for a good trade on the watch, though the seller is left unnamed. I can see that he has seen my replies but as I said, no response bavk to me. Something just felt odd.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Any potential buyer or seller that sends you feet pics should be reported as creepy. Unless that's part of the cash/trade value. YMMW
    Pretty sure we sure we already have a good idea on the member being talked about.

5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I won't give the guy's name, but I had a very strange interaction on here. Some guy left an ad and wanted to sell something. I private messaged him about it, and then he said he had another one of the same item. He said he'd sell them both for a set price, then he didn't contact me for a day or so. Then when he did, he gave a completely different price, a much higher price, than the original price he said. He then ho-hummed and beat around the bush and wouldn't give me a place to meet. He then says: "Let me think on it." Then he texts me some strange pictures, and some weird stories. He gave me a lot of TMI (too much information). Then he tells me even more things that I just don't need to know! ...Like how much money he makes, and what he does in his spare time, and how he dislikes his wife, etc. It was very, very CREEPY!

I told him I didn't need what he was selling, and to have a nice day. He then sent me even more pics of the items. And, then ended with: "Have a nice evening." Why would he send me more pics of the things he wasn't going to sell me?

FYI, to anyone on this forum: If you are REALLY SELLING stuff, then sell it. Don't lead people on! And, don't try to change the prices to higher than what you have set in the ads. OKAY??? Also, meet and sell asap. Don't leave people hanging. This was the WORST experience I've had on this forum. Made me wonder if the guy was real or A.I., or if he was an "agent" of some three-letter organization, or if he was just a complete JERK! Either way, I'll not be doing any deals with that guy!
    I would love to tell you who he was, but I'll take the high ground and not mention his name. I will say that he hasn't sold much on this forum though, (looks like a newbie to me), and he told me that he's still trying to do some deals with others on here.

With that said, before this, I've never had a bad experience. Everyone was so nice. But this guy took the cake! Please don't give your personal information to others, especially if you don't know them! Don't tell them your personal history or how much money you have, or have made, in the past couple of months. We DO NOT need to know what your financial background is. Okay?

I still don't know why he tried to share that with me. It was SOOOOOOOO CREEEEEEEPY! He even sent me a picture of wads of cash. I'm like "WHAT???" I don't care how much money the guy has!!! That's none of my business!

Be lucky y’all didn’t meet up. Then you’d have been roofied and your organs harvested for Bitcoin.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I just wanted a new friend! And then I’m gonna love you and squeeze you and strangle you in some dark parking lot after a fight with my wife, but it’s ok because I have a wad of money (or an old picture of one).

Won’t you be my friend?

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It must be the day for weirdness. Had a PM from a newer memeber last night offering a firm firearm trade for a watch I am selling on this site. Replied to him twice but no response. Then see he posted under buyer/seller reviews as the buyer, a thanks for a good trade on the watch, though the seller is left unnamed. I can see that he has seen my replies but as I said, no response bavk to me. Something just felt odd.
    I saw that. So he said that he traded with you but in all actuality he just ghosted you and you still have your watch? Yeah that’s weird too!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Not saying this is what happened, but sometimes the combination of certain meds and bourbon can make for some very strange interactions. However, I felt something was off with a few of his postings, and a PM to buy bullets that were already sold.

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not saying this is what happened, but sometimes the combination of certain meds and bourbon can make for some very strange interactions. However, I felt something was off with a few of his postings, and a PM to buy bullets that were already sold.
    Yup that would explain it alright

Top Bottom