• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Really? Say it ain't so.:rolleyes:
    A whistleblower is accusing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives of fraud, waste and abuse. CBS News was told the alleged practice could potentially involve hundreds of millions of tax dollars across multiple federal agencies.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Well the excess will only get worse with the doubling of ATF field agents in the next 5 years...

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Surprise surprise, the agency that steals guns worth thousands of dollars from people and melts them down, many highly historically significant based on lack of an arbitrary piece of paper, has corruption issues.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, those dog ,women and children targets get expensive.
    you don’t expect then to use regular B 27’s , do you?

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not surprising. There's no such thing as a government agency thats not full of waste, fraud and abuse. Oh and don't forget corruption.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    as long as the feds run a “use it or lose it” budget model, this stuff will happen. Some regional office is probably down a couple investigators, and are trying to get a couple assigned, and were worried that if they don’t bottom the payroll account before that happens someone will short it next year. Which could be a big headache if they also start some manpower heavy fast and furious type investigation.

not saying it’s right, in fact I feel the opposite. But as long as we still use that model organizations will find creative ways to spend money, as apposed to creative ways to save money.

as far as the whistleblower, if he was in fact fired for bringing this too light, oh boy is he looking at a pay day. Reinstating his position with back pay from day of termination at least.
    I’m most confident that if he took it all the CBS, he also took it all to OPM’s OIG and his supervisors now have much bigger fish to fry than a dude who managed to maintain a FS on his work performance.
    of course, there’s another scenario I feel is just as likely, but I won’t bore you guys with it nor will I implicate some guy I’ve never met with what’s just as likely a false accusation.

all of that is to say, cbs did a horrible job “hiding his identity”, that pixel job was a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom