• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peteGon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    some of the WH'S may be privately owned and not under the same guidlines of the WH corporate.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relative to signs and the law. If there is any force of law to the sign depends on the location and type of property it is. Force of law = penalties for violation.
    Federal post office, federal buildings, and perhaps some hospitals, the signage might have force of law behind it. A privately non-liquor serving owned store in Florida and it seems in Alabama does not prohibit with force of law. Carrying in a liquor serving establishment could be illegal.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My understanding is: - -> in Fla you cannot conceaded carry in an establishment that it's primsry purpose is to serve alcohol. A bar,saloon,tavern,etc. But in a place that primarily serves food BUT you can order a alcoholic beverage to go with it ,Red Lobster,Appelbee's,etc,it is not illegal to carry with CWP.
    Not a cop,lawyer,or judge here soooooo . . . ?? --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I do not frequent places that serve alcohol nor do I drink alcohol so this doesn't worry me.

Last edited:

maizeandblue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In reference to "Waffle House"...Last time i had read...they can post a sign stating no firearms allowed. However, you could stroll right on past this sign. Yeah didn't see it....I was digging in my wallet when i approached the door. IF they think you are carrying they have the right to ask you to leave. IF you refuse to leave, you are at that point criminally trespassing with a firearm (felony). That was the way i understood it years ago, haven't researched it lately.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Here is one for you. If they ask you to leave and you leave, are you allowed back another day or would that be considered trespassing at that point? I hope I never have to worry about it. Hash browns are good. Lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What the.... never thought I’d see this day. Guess I’d better go check ours and see if it’s widespread.

Off topic but also relevant: I remember reading a book by an undercover once who claimed both criminals and cops like to do deals and stings at WH because of the inherent 270* visibility of the surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I was undercover working narcotics with the Md State Police, we did many a deal in Waffle House and Red Lobster, I know, go figure

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Relative to signs and the law. If there is any force of law to the sign depends on the location and type of property it is. Force of law = penalties for violation.
    Federal post office, federal buildings, and perhaps some hospitals, the signage might have force of law behind it. A privately non-liquor serving owned store in Florida and it seems in Alabama does not prohibit with force of law. Carrying in a liquor serving establishment could be illegal.
    If they don't serve more food than beer, then it is very illegal.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "A privately non-liquor serving owned store in Florida and it seems in Alabama does not prohibit with force of law. Carrying in a liquor serving establishment could be illegal "
    My understanding is: - -> in Fla you cannot conceaded carry in an establishment that it's primsry purpose is to serve alcohol. A bar,saloon,tavern,etc. But in a place that primarily serves food BUT you can order a alcoholic beverage to go with it ,Red Lobster,Appelbee's,etc,it is not illegal to carry with CWP.
    Not a cop,lawyer,or judge here soooooo . . . ?? --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I do not frequent places that serve alcolol nor do I drink alcohol so this doesn't worry me.
    They below claim to be lawyers
    https://www.uslawshield.com/the-restaurant-has-a-bar-can-i-carry-here-florida/
    Carrying a Firearm in a Restaurant or Bar

Florida law does not allow you to carry a firearm in any establishment whose primary purpose is the sale of alcohol or any part of an establishment devoted to the sale of alcohol. If you go in to a restaurant with a bar, you cannot carry in the bar area, but should be able to carry while eating dinner in the restaurant portion. While eating dinner, if you choose to have a beer or cocktail, you will not be violating Florida law if you have your firearm with you. But if you are sitting at the bar, not drinking, but eating dinner because there are no open tables in the restaurant you cannot carry your firearm.
    Drinking and Carrying Your Firearms

In Florida, there is no legal limit of intoxication that makes it illegal to carry your firearm. That does not mean you can do whatever you want. Florida law makes it illegal to use a firearm if your normal faculties are impaired by alcoholic beverages or a controlled substance. Although, the legal limit for driving is .08, the legal limit for using your firearm is .10. The term use of firearm is defined in Florida Statute 790.151 as discharging a firearm or having it readily accessible for immediate discharge. Readily accessible for immediate discharge is defined in both the statute and case law as loaded and in your hand.

Therefore, under Florida law, you can legally be as drunk as you can get and still carry your firearm as long as they are not loaded and in your hand and you do not discharge them. The law does not apply to anyone executing lawful self-defense or defense of a loved one

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO if they ask you to leave because they know or suspect a firearm . . . FIRST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. On the way out the door tell them that you understand their policy but DO NOT admit that you had a firearm. And give them ZERO SHIT.
    Go back WITHOUT a firearm and see what they do. Remember,if they asked you to leave BECAUSE of a firearm,even if you initially did not have one,you can NEVER go back in WITH a firearm. You have been warned and it would be criminal tresspass.
    I woud also say that if you really want to eat that shit boiled in slimy yellow lard,find a small BUG type gun to carry for just those ocassions.
    I am still looking for the right gun at the right price . . . just for the "signed" places. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Waffle House must have improved their food drastically in the last 10 years, best I can remember it was barely eatable back then. But in all honesty I’ve always been picky about food.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Florida law allows you to carry. The most they can do is make you leave their property provided it isn't a restricted area per the law.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Something even smaller my Glock 42. However it is pretty pocketable. --- SAWMAN

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Something even smaller my Glock 42. However it is pretty pocketable. --- SAWMAN

I've owned the Ruger LCP, LCP Custom, and LCP II... gotta say, out of the three I prefer the custom the most. Don't really care for any of the other options out there.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've owned the Ruger LCP, LCP Custom, and LCP II... gotta say, out of the three I prefer the custom the most. Don't really care for any of the other options out there.

What did you order or do yourself to the LCP custom?

I have an original LCP and although it’s very easy to conceal, that’s all I could say about it.
    I couldn’t hit jack with it, it was simply a belly gun.
    Currently I carry a Sig P238 and I like it however the little LCP is still easier to slip in the pocket but I can’t build a confidence that I could hit a target with it.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What did you order or do yourself to the LCP custom?

I have an original LCP and although it’s very easy to conceal, that’s all I could say about it.
    I couldn’t hit jack with it, it was simply a belly gun.
    Currently I carry a Sig P238 and I like it however the little LCP is still easier to slip in the pocket but I can’t build a confidence that I could hit a target with it.

Yeah I felt the same way with lcp and lcp ii. The lcp custom is that way from Ruger. It has a red trigger and actual sights.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    LCP Custom is awesome. I need another. Wanna sell it back? Lol.

WH food sucks, and it’s overpriced for what it is. But I eat there, almost strictly on duty very late at night due to the lack of alternatives. Open carrying, obviously.

I think I’ve eaten there once while off duty because a client requested to meet there to go over a contract, carrying and properly concealing. Nobody cares.

Also, nobody cares about boycotts or lack there of. Or stupid cards “informing the poverty line employee of your political views.” They’re just gonna toss them. Eat wherever the duck you want. Don’t ask, don’t show, don’t tell. Nobody cares.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom