• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Saw the sign today. It was a new waffle house. Not sure if new policy or not. Kinda pisses me off because I eat there regularly. Grrrr

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What the.... never thought I’d see this day. Guess I’d better go check ours and see if it’s widespread.

Off topic but also relevant: I remember reading a book by an undercover once who claimed both criminals and cops like to do deals and stings at WH because of the inherent 270* visibility of the surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Probably has to do with that most recent shooting because the customer didn't want to wear a mask and came back and shot the cook.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    well, no steak n eggs from waffle house for me ever again. just added another name to the long list of companies I boycott.
    for example: Pepsi is my cola of choice but when they paid Michell Jackson $82 million back in the early 80's I haven't had one since.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Properly concealed, no one will ever know. Some stupid Corporate National policy will not keep me from going to my favorite Local Waffle House. All Star Special, scrambled well done, grits in a separate bowl, crispy bacon and waffle. Yum, Yum.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    well, no steak n eggs from waffle house for me ever again. just added another name to the long list of companies I boycott.
    for example: Pepsi is my cola of choice but when they paid Michell Jackson $82 million back in the early 80's I haven't had one since.
    I'm with you but damn. Waffle house??? I feel like a hypocrite. I try and avoid any place that has a sign on the door, be hard for me to stop going to waffle house.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The particular location in question is Bauer Rd and hwy 98 in Perdido heard to Lillian. Bright yellow sign right on the side of the building.
    What are the reprocussions if you carry and they call the law? I don't want to be in trouble with the blue but I don't want to die either. I've read several posts in the past they ask you to leave and if you don't you can be charged with trespassing. Don't want to become a felon.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The particular location in question is Bauer Rd and hwy 98 in Perdido heard to Lillian. Bright yellow sign right on the side of the building.
    What are the reprocussions if you carry and they call the law? I don't want to be in trouble with the blue but I don't want to die either. I've read several posts in the past they ask you to leave and if you don't you can be charged with trespassing. Don't want to become a felon.
    My understanding is it is a form of trespassing and if your weapons come to the attention of management, quickly drop enough cash and do not wait for change at the register; then leave ASAP. Do not wait to explain it to the police. GO.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    My understanding is it is a form of trespassing and if your weapons come to the attention of management, quickly drop enough cash and do not wait for change at the register; then leave ASAP. Do not wait to explain it to the police. GO.
    I'm with you there, but what if they suspect I have one and police are there eating breakfast and she speaks with the officer about it? I need to look up the statute. I may have to deviate from my normal breakfast, which is inconvenient. All the other fast food type places are horrible. Food and employment. At least at waffle house you get hot food even if the service sucks

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If I boycotted everything that goes against my beliefs, I literally wouldn't e able to do or buy anything. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago. I carry, concealed, and live my life without worrying about others. That and I've yet to find anyone that can replicate a waffle house ham and cheese omlet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If I boycotted everything that goes against my beliefs, I literally wouldn't e able to do or buy anything. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago. I carry, concealed, and live my life without worrying about others. That and I've yet to find anyone that can replicate a waffle house ham and cheese omlet

This exactly and what sawman said. No one knows I have a gun. I don’t go advertising it and I’m not the one to wear “ tactical” 2A shirts ever wear. Policy be damned, if something happens I’d rather explain why I had to shoot someone then never have a fighting chance and never see my wife and kids again. Only place that is truly 2A friendly nowadays is my house.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I am 99% with you. If your company policy is against firearms that's your right. I do try and avoid those and the ones that are posted, or are anti gun supporters. But you are right. Its about physically impossible to live life if you boycotted them all. Its crazy they the list is so long.
    Just sad. Disappointed.
    I like bbq sauce.....don't ban bbq sauce because you don't like the taste. Let the people that like it enjoy it. Not hurting anyone. Same with guns.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL, Since when did you guys do anything just because some asshole said you had to. I’d just keep eating my breakfast like I had been doing. If they discover that you are carrying just politely say I’m sorry I forgot to leave it in the car, I’ll be more careful in the future. Then leave and find a new place for breakfast.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was in the Waffle House near Tiger Point this morning, did not see a no gun sign. I also go to one in Milton, one in Gainesville and occasionally others. Have never seen that at any of them. Got to admit I do not look especially hard either. If I did see the sign I would make sure my shirt was pulled down properly, go in and enjoy my breakfast! I usually do not patronize anti gun or known left wing owned businesses but might have to make an exception for Waffle House, at leadt sometimes...

Top Bottom