• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    In reality - if something went wrong in 3-4 years wouldn’t you just bin it and put some new glass on your gun?

After that it may be good to send in and then sell the repaired piece or keep it as backup - but what is that worth?

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yeah, that's a plus but so is the lifetime vip warranty from vortex. Not one year with the SIG!
    My love hate relationship with vortex is because of the warranty they have. It's a great warranty but the products selling point shouldn't be it's going to break and we'll fix it when it does.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    off topic. But I still use my trijicon reflex ii’s
    Sadly they became discontinued and no longer warrantied/repairable by trijicon. But they will provide other options as a replacement. There service is still top notch.
    Looking into finding a way to mount a single low power led to the fiber optic that will take a commonly available battery that can be turned on when the tritium is dead or not bright enough. A unit like I want is make for the meprolight m21 but that company does not make one for the trijicon

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Had a strike fire for 6 years. Battery compartment seal was wearing down. Started to leak moisture in. Call asked for a replacement seal. They said send it in on their dime. 6 days later I opened my mail to a brand new strikefire 2. No questions asked. This one is going on 3 years now. Batteries last long enough that I have no complaints, I’m not in a war so it’s a non issue. It’s a little heavy, but the way I see it people are too obsessed with weight. IMHO I think they are great! If you are on the fence James, I’ll let ya barrow one of mine and you can play around with it all you want. Then make your own decision based on trying it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Had a strike fire for 6 years. Battery compartment seal was wearing down. Started to leak moisture in. Call asked for a replacement seal. They said send it in on their dime. 6 days later I opened my mail to a brand new strikefire 2. No questions asked. This one is going on 3 years now. Batteries last long enough that I have no complaints, I’m not in a war so it’s a non issue. It’s a little heavy, but the way I see it people are too obsessed with weight. IMHO I think they are great! If you are on the fence James, I’ll let ya barrow one of mine and you can play around with it all you want. Then make your own decision based on trying it.
    Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and get one some time soon.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Boom! Big thanks to Howdy!
    Just handling it appears to be very good quality. Optic is crystal clear and dot is bright without any shimmer or glare. Bride checked it out a her first comment was wow this thing is clear! Now she wants one, lol.

Attachments

• 20210313_131252.jpg
      20210313_131252.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 88

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Worked really good. Used the green as it appeared to be the brightness I needed. The red was too bright at the same setting, prob just my eyes. Was trying for the smallest dot at range. It's a keeper!

Attachments

• 20210315_160753.jpg
      20210315_160753.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 91
    Top Bottom