• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MIAMI MATT

Banned
    That's why I say they will end up making some law that requires any firearm in your possession be registered in your name. They will start with hunters using game wardens and slowly make it one of the questions any cop that pulls you over will ask (any guns in the car) they will then run the serial number and if not registered to you, the gun will be seized/forfited and you will be issued a big fine.

Of course this makes a AR lower even more valuable since you can change uppers for a few different calibers.

Just my pessimistic view

You dont have to answer any questions period.You would see unlawfull search and seizure claims skyrocket.
    As for the cost of AR'S if forced to be registered would be tremendous...untill you registered it..My question would be what about NFA AR's already legal like SBR's,would those not be permitted to be transfered to your kids? No way that the transfer of private property be restricted to otherwise legal individuals would be counter productive to their "cause".The black market would boom.Then guess who ends up with the guns?I have a question,who would register EVERY ONE of their guns if any?

Last edited:

Drauka99

Marksman
    Matt, I understand what you are saying but a lot of drug busts start with a traffic stop... who here can say they follow 100% of the rules when they drive? There was even a supreme court case about cops using traffic stops as a probable cause to search a car. I have had to fight the cops before and honestly most people don't have the money to fight this stuff when it does go wrong for them. I could have easily spent 2k or more for my case and it was a cheap one. Luckily I knew a few people and got discounted rates.

I figure in the scenario I outlines that a percentage of the "fines' would go to the police department.. thus encouraging them to make more "busts" (read sarcasm)

I can see what you say about it just funneling more guns into the black market... but the fed never seems to take logic into account.

wildrider666

Master
    When you talk about the possibility of your firearms being confiscated upon your death and you say "They" (GOV) can't take your private property you are wrong.
    It is done every day, every time someone dies: Federal and some states charge Estate (Inheritance) Tax. Max was 40% Tax before all this obama cliff crap so I don't know what it will be. Often it will not apply to your spouse (only) everyone else PAYS.

If a Couple die and leave a house to a son. That son is liable for this death tax for the value of the house. Sure sounds like the taking your stuff there.
    WR

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Wild that is only if the estate is over a certain amount...the laws change on this all the time.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    What Guns? I dont have any I sold them all out of the back of my truck at last gun show

wildrider666

Master
    All deaths are reporter to the County. If guns were registered and non-transferable to family, the death would trigger a Gun Registration search. Then: Knock knock; Guess who's there?

T

tinman

All deaths are reporter to the County. If guns were registered and non-transferable to family, the death would trigger a Gun Registration search. Then: Knock knock; Guess who's there?

"I'm afraid Mr Smith passed away last week and he long since lost his AR when his fishing boat sank about ten years ago. Bye then."

SlamDancer

Shooter
    Being the salesman that I am, I will sell them on the black-market on my death bed before handing them over to the Feds. My kids can tell them the crazy ole man sold them to some to God knows who right before he died, rather than surender them.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom