• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I cold tell you a scary story ... BUT ... you probably would not believe it. --- SAWMAN
    Consider this Sawman! We (indeed) have a "need to know"!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is alarming guys. With the current administration, and mandates not allowing us to work and feed our families. Also heard Canada will now start giving individual fines to any citizen not vaccinated. These days are growing darker !

I would not worry about this exercise it is common practice for the army to do this...albeit overt in its attempt to dissuade Americans from thinking they could ever attempt a war against its self again...however if the civil populace could ever unite even partially we could topple any government within its borders...and we have states like TX and FL who have access to f15s and nukes that could easily convince current government to step down...but thats just my .23cents worth...these are days which jesus spoke of in mt 24 regarding nations against nation and kingdom against kingdom...we are historically at our apex of influence in this country it is gonna start heading downhill from here lol better seek after jesus while he is still calling...but what do I know

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I would not worry about this exercise it is common practice for the army to do this...albeit overt in its attempt to dissuade Americans from thinking they could ever attempt a war against its self again...however if the civil populace could ever unite even partially we could topple any government within its borders...and we have states like TX and FL who have access to f15s and nukes that could easily convince current government to step down...but thats just my .23cents worth...these are days which jesus spoke of in mt 24 regarding nations against nation and kingdom against kingdom...we are historically at our apex of influence in this country it is gonna start heading downhill from here lol better seek after jesus while he is still calling...but what do I know
    America (as a "democratically run Republic") is the longest running form of democracy as a government in the whole history of the whole world. America is only what... 245 years old? Give or take a year? I could add it up. I don't feel like it. Shit is depressing. I hold absolutely no reservations that American "democracy" will last much longer seeing as every single other form of democracy as a government has died, crumbled and collapsed much sooner than 245 years. America's first Dictator in Chief came about less than 75 years after the American Revolution. Abe killed hundreds of thousands of US citizens and held a gun to the heads of all the survivors. Have we ever truly been free since? Freedom is an illusion. Try being free. See what it gets you.

Last edited:

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    America (as a "democratically run Republic") is the longest running form of democracy as a government in the whole history of the whole world. America is only what... 245 years old? Give or take a year? I could add it up. I don't feel like it. Shit is depressing. I hold absolutely no reservations that American "democracy" will last much longer seeing as every single other form of democracy as a government has died, crumbled and collapsed much sooner than 245 years. America's first Dictator in Chief came about less than 75 years after the American Revolution. Abe killed hundreds of thousands of US citizens and held a gun to the heads of all the survivors. Have we ever truly been free since? Freedom is an illusion. Try being free. See what it gets you.
    Have you, by chance, read Alexis de Touqueville's Democracy in America or Frédéric Bastiat's Economic Fallacies or The Law?

245ish years ago these two Frenchmen detailed how the American experiment would end. They have been right so far. I believe The Law was the first work to detail the life cycle of government.

Very good reads and highly topical.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Have you, by chance, read Alexis de Touqueville's Democracy in America or Frédéric Bastiat's Economic Fallacies or The Law?

245ish years ago these two Frenchmen detailed how the American experiment would end. They have been right so far. I believe The Law was the first work to detail the life cycle of government.

Very good reads and highly topical.
    I have not. Post a couple of links if you can

windyridge46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cold tell you a scary story ... BUT ... you probably would not believe it. --- SAWMAN

Is it about the new enlistment oaths from a few years back and willingness to fire on civilians if given the order? That scares me enough, don't know what it would take to make me fire on US troops in uniform but you don't have much time to make up your mind when neighbors start dropping around you. I've been wrestling with that thought for years.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have not. Post a couple of links if you can
    Democracy in America I'd free at the moment if you like to read electronically. I prefer paper.

Amazon product ASIN B08CBLJDDF
    The Law is $0.95

Economic Fallacies. If you shop around you can find a better price.

Amazon product ASIN 1931541027
    I have bought and handed out many copies of these books over the years. After you read them you will likely want to pass them on as well.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is it about the new enlistment oaths from a few years back and willingness to fire on civilians if given the order? That scares me enough, don't know what it would take to make me fire on US troops in uniform but you don't have much time to make up your mind when neighbors start dropping around you. I've been wrestling with that thought for years.

Wow. What a first post for a new member on a GUN forum.

”new enlistment oaths”? Prove it.
    ”willingness to fire on civilians if given the order”? Again, prove it. Show me the lawful order given and the people who followed it.

This is a gun forum. There are more LEO and military here than you probably realize. Your inflammatory and accusatory post won’t be received well. Especially one that smells so much of BS.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Military Service in and of itself is not a patriotic act or one of nationalism. Post coup military service could be looked at as the opposite.

If your neighbors are dropping around you then your mind should be made.

To any that would view criticism of those leading our current DOD as un-American I'd leave you with the words of Samuel Adam's.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Military Service in and of itself is not a patriotic act or one of nationalism. Post coup military service could be looked at as the opposite.

If your neighbors are dropping around you then your mind should be made.

To any that would view criticism of those leading our current DOD as un-American I'd leave you with the words of Samuel Adam's.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Spoken like a civilian who has watched too many bad military movies.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is a difference, and it is TAUGHT, between a “lawful” order and an “UNlawful“ order. It is in direct line with the US CONSITUTION, to which every service member takes an oath.

Those who would BREAK their oath and follow an UNlawful order are no better than any other Criminal who would take advantage of and harm others for bad reasons.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Perhaps or perhaps not. It's hard to tell just who you are speaking to on the internet.

In your case, with your last post, it’s pretty clear.

You’re one who never took the oath, never served in the Armed Forces, never had the privilege of sacrificing along-side some of the best people this Nation could muster together in one selfless group.

You mistakingly mix those who served honorably with some hollyweird idea of mindless goons that follow any command, no matter how evil.

You imply that questioning orders is incongruous with the mindset of service members.

You fail to see the fact that the largest group of Patriots in the United States are the ones you so flippantly insult: the uniformed members of the US Armed Forces. Intelligent, thoughtful, highly skilled, and loyal to the US Constitution and their fellow Americans. They are your best ally against a rogue government because they don’t answer to any single person; they answer to each other and they all swore an oath to support and defend the US Constitution.

If the dark day comes that Uniformed US Service Members are firing on law-abiding US Civilians, then yes, by all means, treat those killers as the low-life criminals they are.

In the meantime, try not to get sucked in to the Hollywood BS propaganda.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Robin Sage has been going on for many years under many different administrations! It is made to be very realistic training just like Survival School and Resistance Training.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you look back at counter guerilla/insurgency tactics around the world that have been most effective, it should make a sane man cringe. Sherman, Malaysia, Kenya, Rhodesia, the darker parts of Vietnam. The idea of the us military subjugating our fellow countrymen to that should boil our blood.
    But that’s not realistic.

Just look at our overall performance from Vietnam too Somalia, OEF and OIF. Look at what operations were successful and which were failures. Realistic training should be annual for all branches, units of all types. How many of us know a truck driver who’s convoy was hit and had to go firm in a building waiting on casvac? Not all of those stories are bs,

But again. Someone show me where that’s happening right now in the USA?

Closest we got was snatch arrests in during the, ahem, mostly peaceful protests in 2020. And most of the civilian firearms aficionados I know cheered that.

Also snake eyes, if I may... from what I understand you were a member of a group that considered themselves, and are considered by others, to be elite. Even us jarheads will admit you guys aren’t completely backwards and prefer you to be around during a fight. But There’s two entire services(never mind the POGs who make us POGs roll our eyes, looking at you disbursing) who’s idea of combat includes sitting in a county adjacent to a combat zone, catching extra pay and Skyping home nightly.
    Never mind the last 3-4 years, an entire service considering Qatar a serious deployment.
    I’m sure plenty of those guys and gals never not once considered opening fire on anyone, much less American citizens. The only time it ever came up when I was around, we were talking conspiracies at the smoke pit, and WE ALL agreed we’d never do it. Keeping in mind, our major concern was beer and women.

But that also goes counter to this forums usual stance, which is the military has turned into a social experiment full of ninnies, and totally incapable of invading a all you can eat buffet thanks to the liberals.
    Which is the beauty of the Internet. You can have it both ways, at the same time, just so you can be angry at the world.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    During training, prior to going to SE Asia,we went down to S. CALIF. to the Indio (Salton Sea) area.
    We set up camps and our training objective was in PRISONER HANDLEING. Our targets were the illegal aliens coming across the border,carring drugs,from Yuma and into SE Calif.
    Our orders were that we could catch them,detain them,and "handle" them in damn near any way we saw fit. We did EXACTLY THIS,depending on their perceived law broken,attitude,and if they wanted to fight with us.
    Our fire teams ( 7 men) were always accompanied by either Border Patrol Agents or the INS guys.
    However they were not allowed to take part in any physical action.
    These guys were pussies to the extreme ... ESPECIALLY the INS guys. They never got out in the field. A bunch of damn paper pushers.
    Our catching these illegals was easy because we used unconventional methods. Ambushes,traps,trip wires,aerial parachute flares
    When we caught a bunch of 8- 12 or so. We would load them in a duce and a half,run it down the road about 100yds or so,then set off a Claymore mine.
    When the next batch we captured asked about the explosion (in the desert you could hear it 10+ miles away) the Boarder Patrol agent would explain to them that the last batch was all killed. We would make sure at least 2 of that group "escaped" to take the story back home.
    We would initially hand cuff them ... then "elbow" them ... TIGHTLY.
    Two of us would pick them up and literally toss them into the back of the truck. And some of you know how high that is. To get them out,we simply rolled them out. This happened to men,women,and children unless they were under about 8 or 9 years old (usually !!).
    We dressed at our digression. Most wore camo here and there. Some wore blue jeans. I did. We all were painted up with green and black face grease. Necks and hands/arms included.
    We told the INS guys to fork off on many ocassions. Finally we got a couple Navy Corpsmen that spoke Spanish and we rid ourselves of the BP Agents.
    Then we really turned it on. Our OP was supposed to last 90 days. But very quickly the word got out and we would go several nights without a single illegal.
    We caught one guy with about 25 pounds of dope. We held it and sent him back across to bring us back some money in exchange. It was $500. We added this to our coffee mess back in SD.
    We treated no one with "kindness and understanding" we gave no one water. We took most of their foot wear and hats. If/when they complained it only got worse. We had a couple younger males spit at/on us. The wrath of GOD came down on them. We kept them for an EXTRA couple nights.
    Our OP's down on the border was EXTREMELY effective. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: We did get to practice some waterboarding. We had all been subject to this in S.E.R.E School. More than once !!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom