• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a comprehensive schedule anywhere on upcoming shows? I get the emails from North Florida Gun Shows, but always seem to find out after-the-fact about the Hadji Shrine, Milton, and other small shows. Any help would be great!

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a comprehensive schedule anywhere on upcoming shows? I get the emails from North Florida Gun Shows, but always seem to find out after-the-fact about the Hadji Shrine, Milton, and other small shows. Any help would be great!

I generally avoid Milton due to their Traffic Cameras. PITA.
    And you are dead on about the Hadji Temple failing to advertise
    their shows worth a dang...usually hear about the Hadji the day after
    its over...literally haven't been to a Hadji Gun Show since the 90's.

One would think they'd at least advertise here...or the people selling at
    those shows would post up, "Hey, we'll be at THIS SHOW tomorrow..."

COOLEEO

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    COVID has shut down all the local Florida gun shows like Milton auditorium and the Hadji temple, leaving North Florida Gun Shows the only game in town for 2020. Although I think a "GOOD" gun show may be a thing of the past, at least in this area. Used to be when we only had a couple of shows a year at the fairgrounds they were a big deal. You could find good deals on used guns, guys would set up with tables of parts and things you couldn't find anywhere else (the internet ruined that). Now the shows are all the same vendors that travel to all the locations selling the same stuff they had at the last show. If there are any good deals to be had the other vendors buy them up before the doors even open. I can't tell you how many times i've seen Jay buy dozens of guns from other dealers, one time i saw him buy every gun a guy brought in to sell, the guy left an empty table and went home before they opened the doors, he must have had 10+ year old prices on his guns. There are some good shows near us if you are willing to drive, The Hoover AL show that's put on by the Alabama gun collectors is worth going to, and there is one in Lakeland FL, also put on by a gun club that is worth the drive. I like going to the small Alabama shows nearby in Robertsdale and Andalusia mainly just to see what comes in the door. I still go to all the shows i can find and stop at pawn/gun shops just to see what they have, you never know. An older gun collector once told me that if you ain't out looking you ain't gonna find nothing.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 websites I use are

&

They are pretty complete..

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don’t ever go to the small Alabama shows because if I see a handgun I want I can’t buy it unless the guy will ship and that adds to the cost.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would be willing to split the cost for gas to a show.
    Just something different. New vendors,new faces.
    Must be in Fla though. --- SAWMAN

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of course it all depends on what you are looking for. But the Lakeland show is hugh 400+ tables, mostly older guns Worth every inconvenience to get there. The Show in Ocala is medium sized but lots of variety.

The gun show at The Hernando is on the small side, but it is a blast. It is held on a gun range and has a nice variety of guns and the backdrop of it being on a range is a pretty cool.

Some of the gun shows on the East coast can be a tad on the frantic side now and seem to be more newer guns then older guns. The main thing is the crowds tend to be more intense over there as of late.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’m gonna make it to Tulsa one of these days.
    It’s on my bucket list.
    I hear it takes 3 days to go through.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m gonna make it to Tulsa one of these days.
    It’s on my bucket list.
    I hear it takes 3 days to go through.

Well they have to start having the darn things again... Grrrr they canceled the November show just a few weeks before it was to happen.. :( Which was just heart breaking. You can more than go through it in one day. Its a slog. And it is better to hit it on opening day and then bottom fish it the second day. But better doing it in one day then not doing it..

And from Pensacola it is only a 12 hour drive. :)

In the area there are some cool little shows that are not the same weekend.. But are damn fun to see if you like old guns and Cowboy stuff.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw a billboard today Mobile Gunshow this weekend December 12 & 13 at the fairgrounds. This is the largest show in this area just saying.

How big is that show?? What kind of guns does it trend .. Old?? New??

Is there a lot of walk in sellers??

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How big is that show?? What kind of guns does it trend .. Old?? New??

Is there a lot of walk in sellers??
    Hard to say how big but yes there is a little bit of everything, and yes there are walk in private sellers I will go out on a limb and say 150 tables? Just a guess

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    shrine will have a show july this year milton is off for awhile . show in crestview ahhahahaha,probably not .show at fairgrounds jan 16,17 in two weeks ft walton soon after

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Panama City Beach Shows Jan and Feb. Jan Show is Verified, Feb isn't verified yet. Its unusual to have gun shows in back to back months but the buying "craziness" may be the driving factor.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    COVID has shut down all the local Florida gun shows like Milton auditorium and the Hadji temple, leaving North Florida Gun Shows the only game in town for 2020. Although I think a "GOOD" gun show may be a thing of the past, at least in this area. Used to be when we only had a couple of shows a year at the fairgrounds they were a big deal. You could find good deals on used guns, guys would set up with tables of parts and things you couldn't find anywhere else (the internet ruined that). Now the shows are all the same vendors that travel to all the locations selling the same stuff they had at the last show. If there are any good deals to be had the other vendors buy them up before the doors even open. I can't tell you how many times i've seen Jay buy dozens of guns from other dealers, one time i saw him buy every gun a guy brought in to sell, the guy left an empty table and went home before they opened the doors, he must have had 10+ year old prices on his guns. There are some good shows near us if you are willing to drive, The Hoover AL show that's put on by the Alabama gun collectors is worth going to, and there is one in Lakeland FL, also put on by a gun club that is worth the drive. I like going to the small Alabama shows nearby in Robertsdale and Andalusia mainly just to see what comes in the door. I still go to all the shows i can find and stop at pawn/gun shops just to see what they have, you never know. An older gun collector once told me that if you ain't out looking you ain't gonna find nothing.
    I am not going to spend $9.00 just to walk around and see the same old vendors with the same old over priced guns. This last gun show at the fair grounds was a real joke. As far as ammo, Georgia Arms was not even there. As far as seeing old friends, I'll do that at the gun range!

Top Bottom