• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdeuser74

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone tried underwood defender ammo? I have seen YouTube videos and read reviews it's impressive but I was curious if anyone had first hand experience with it some of the places I'm in I worry about over penetration (hotel rooms office buildings etc) and these go in get the job done and stop so if you use tell me what you think about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I also would be worried about over penetration with this round as it appears to be based on their extreme penetrator design

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've shot it through a Beretta 92 and a 1911 at the range. Fed just fine in the beretta but the 1911 hated the stuff. I can't speak for the terminal ballistics but I think it is promising, I remember seeing an article online where a gentleman shot it through a dead pig and the results were promising.
    Some folks think the permanent cavity is the only thing that matters and for them Underwood says that the FTM mechanics create a bigger permanent cavity than a traditional JHP without the chance of getting plugged.
    FWIW I've got a couple boxes but I still carry 147 grn HST in my carry gun until I can find more data on real world performance in critters. I'd love to see how it performs on live pigs.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom