• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've had quite a few airguns in my day but I truly LOVE this one! This is my first PCP rifle of any kind but it's changed my perspective on air rifles for sure. Shoots a .22 pellet at 1100fps, well made, accurate, and lightweight.

Check this out!

20211022_110051.jpg

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats a great gun, made by the same manufacturer (different branding though) and very similar to my Avenger. If it's as accurate as the Avenger you have a really nice rifle there. It should shoot one hole groups at 35 yards and sub half inch at 50 with the right ammo and no wind. If you haven't tried the Air Arms Diabolo Field 16 grain pellets give them a shot (pun intended). They shoot incredible with almost zero flyers.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thats a great gun, made by the same manufacturer (different branding though) and very similar to my Avenger. If it's as accurate as the Avenger you have a really nice rifle there. It should shoot one hole groups at 35 yards and sub half inch at 50 with the right ammo and no wind. If you haven't tried the Air Arms Diabolo Field 16 grain pellets give them a shot (pun intended). They shoot incredible with almost zero flyers.
    It does shoot the same hole! It is by far the most accurate air rifle I have ever owned. I shoot the H & N Extreme Hunter. It's 18.52gr and is absolutely LETHAL, even if you hit a squirrel in the shoulder. I sniped a few doves with it and it makes a complete pass through.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another thing to look into. On the Avenger and Origin adding the Donnyfl moderator adapter secures the front of the barrel into the shroud which increases accuracy even more. While hunting you might not notice it but for target shooting you will see slight variations in the point of impact, the moderator adapter eliminates that. The barrels are not very secure into the receiver as designed from the factory so you do get some barrel movement. I think it makes the gun look a little better too since the barrel is now about an inch and a half longer than the air tube.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Another thing to look into. On the Avenger and Origin adding the Donnyfl moderator adapter secures the front of the barrel into the shroud which increases accuracy even more. While hunting you might not notice it but for target shooting you will see slight variations in the point of impact, the moderator adapter eliminates that. The barrels are not very secure into the receiver as designed from the factory so you do get some barrel movement. I think it makes the gun look a little better too since the barrel is now about an inch and a half longer than the air tube.
    I'll have to look into this. In the video he is going over the application for the Avenger. But I looked at mine and I don't think that cap comes off? I'll have to do some digging to see if it does but it looks glued on and sealed. This would be a pretty cool add on though.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have an Origin so can't say for sure but the cap "should" just unscrew. I think it would have the same threaded shroud as the Avenger. I see on the page they do list it as fitting the Avenger and Origin, also 2 of the reviews on the page are from Origin owners.

To me it was definitely worth installing. I only target shoot and before installing I could do a great 5 shot group, then have the next group a quarter inch or more away from the point of aim. Another group could have the point of impact move in another direction. This pretty much stopped with the adapter. Little movements like that won't matter when hunting but do make a difference on paper.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't have an Origin so can't say for sure but the cap "should" just unscrew. I think it would have the same threaded shroud as the Avenger. I see on the page they do list it as fitting the Avenger and Origin, also 2 of the reviews on the page are from Origin owners.

To me it was definitely worth installing. I only target shoot and before installing I could do a great 5 shot group, then have the next group a quarter inch or more away from the point of aim. Another group could have the point of impact move in another direction. This pretty much stopped with the adapter. Little movements like that won't matter when hunting but do make a difference on paper.
    So I bought the adapter and the Tanto Suppressor. I'll let you know how it works out! Thanks for the tip!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You went all out, got the suppressor too! It should be whisper quiet with that setup. I don't need the suppressor. My neighbors aren't too close and if they hear it, they're ok with it anyway. Good luck with it and have fun, they're great guns.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You went all out, got the suppressor too! It should be whisper quiet with that setup. I don't need the suppressor. My neighbors aren't too close and if they hear it, they're ok with it anyway. Good luck with it and have fun, they're great guns.
    Yeah I did... I mean it was like $150. It'll be fun! Thanks again!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad it worked out for you. I've heard from others how quiet it is with the suppressor. Did the point of impact shift? I had to sight in my scope after putting the adapter on.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Glad it worked out for you. I've heard from others how quiet it is with the suppressor. Did the point of impact shift? I had to sight in my scope after putting the adapter on.
    It did slightly but not much... a few clicks and it was back on center. It did tighten the group though like you said. Definitely a smaller spread

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Origin and Avenger are incredibly accurate guns, especially at their price point and even better with the donnyfl adapter.
    Here's one of my targets from the Avenger. 5 shots in each bullseye at 35 yards. I don't always do that good but on a calm day, if I'm shooting good this is very do-able.
    Avenger 5 shot groups.jpg

And here's something I don't do all the time but have done more often than I expect. I put a .22 pellet next to it for size comparison. 5 Shots at 35 yards.
    Avenger 5 shot 35yd group.jpg

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey! Have you had issues with your group moving? I sighted it in with the adapter and suppressor and everything was on point. Then, one day, my group moved down and to the right. Still a tight group but it moved?? Can’t figure out if it’s a wobble in the barrel or the new attachments. Because I re-zeroed, and again it moved. Same place.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey! Have you had issues with your group moving? I sighted it in with the adapter and suppressor and everything was on point. Then, one day, my group moved down and to the right. Still a tight group but it moved?? Can’t figure out if it’s a wobble in the barrel or the new attachments. Because I re-zeroed, and again it moved. Same place.
    I have had that. It was much worse before I put the donnyfl adapter on it but do still get it. It used to vary a noticeable amount during each shooting session. Does not do that since I put the adapter on. I think I had 2 problems before, the barrel moving in the shroud and a scope problem.

If you have never done it remove the shroud and check the screws that hold the barrel to the receiver, they are known to be loose from the factory or get loose shortly after. I think it was 2 but might be just one, it's been a while since I got the gun and had checked that before I ever shot it. I do not know the torque spec for them so don't crank down on them too hard as they might strip. Just make sure they are good and snug

Now I'm pretty sure the point of impact shift I get is from my scope. The POI moves depending on temperature. If I go outside and there is a noticeable difference in temp whether hotter or cooler, I find the first group way away from where it was last time I shot. It usually goes high and to the lefft when it's hot outside and low, to the right when colder. If I adjust to get it centered after several shots it moves again and I am "chasing" the scope for 20 or more shots. What I do now is take the gun outside and leave it alone for about 20-30 minutes to acclimate it to the outside temp, then I go out and shoot. I see where the first couple of shots are, adjust scope if needed and it usually stays there (or very close) for the session. If I shoot one day, set the scope so I'm getting bullseyes, then put it away, go out the next day if temp is about the same the POI will be the same as previous session. If the temp is more than a few degrees different I will have to re-adjust the scope.

I read once that since the barrel band (actually secures the shroud) attaches to the pressure tube, it can cause a POI shift as the air pressure goes down since the tube expands when at full pressure and goes down as the pressure drops. I don't know how true that is but someone who seemed to know what he was talking about at the GTA forum wrote that.

I have a decent but cheap centerpoint 6-20x50 AO on it, someday I'll get something better for it, but for now I know how to work around it's shortcoming's and do get very good results most of the time.

Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have had that. It was much worse before I put the donnyfl adapter on it but do still get it. It used to vary a noticeable amount during each shooting session. Does not do that since I put the adapter on. I think I had 2 problems before, the barrel moving in the shroud and a scope problem.

If you have never done it remove the shroud and check the screws that hold the barrel to the receiver, they are known to be loose from the factory or get loose shortly after. I think it was 2 but might be just one, it's been a while since I got the gun and had checked that before I ever shot it. I do not know the torque spec for them so don't crank down on them too hard as they might strip. Just make sure they are good and snug

Now I'm pretty sure the point of impact shift I get is from my scope. The POI moves depending on temperature. If I go outside and there is a noticeable difference in temp whether hotter or cooler, I find the first group way away from where it was last time I shot. It usually goes high and to the lefft when it's hot outside and low, to the right when colder. If I adjust to get it centered after several shots it moves again and I am "chasing" the scope for 20 or more shots. What I do now is take the gun outside and leave it alone for about 20-30 minutes to acclimate it to the outside temp, then I go out and shoot. I see where the first couple of shots are, adjust scope if needed and it usually stays there (or very close) for the session. If I shoot one day, set the scope so I'm getting bullseyes, then put it away, go out the next day if temp is about the same the POI will be the same as previous session. If the temp is more than a few degrees different I will have to re-adjust the scope.

I read once that since the barrel band (actually secures the shroud) attaches to the pressure tube, it can cause a POI shift as the air pressure goes down since the tube expands when at full pressure and goes down as the pressure drops. I don't know how true that is but someone who seemed to know what he was talking about at the GTA forum wrote that.

I have a decent but cheap centerpoint 6-20x50 AO on it, someday I'll get something better for it, but for now I know how to work around it's shortcoming's and do get very good results most of the time.
    So I ended up getting one of these. I found it on eBay and the guy prints them himself and sells them for like $20. I called Umarex and they said they don’t sell the band separately. It’s not even available to buy as an extra part. And if I had issues with the barrel shroud moving I had to send it in. So… this thing works great and adds some more stability to the barrel. I’ve been shooting the same hole at 25 yards consistently.
    10B2D6BF-847F-49A8-B99F-DEDE6A415887.jpeg
    2AE01280-669E-458B-8FD8-212F987AE0BD.jpeg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    So I ended up getting one of these. I found it on eBay and the guy prints them himself and sells them for like $20. I called Umarex and they said they don’t sell the band separately. It’s not even available to buy as an extra part. And if I had issues with the barrel shroud moving I had to send it in. So… this thing works great and adds some more stability to the barrel. I’ve been shooting the same hole at 25 yards consistently. View attachment 161767

What pellets are you using?

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom