• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    What is up with the ammo buy??? I thought we decided to order .223 and .45:tape2: what's the deal???

Mullet Hunter

Master

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Really been checking into the feasibility of the whole thing,as I stated previously I have been searching for deals,but all deals when shipping is incorperated save you next to nothing apposed to walking into walmart...unless we get the demand for multiple pallet purchases,then we can cut out a middleman and get acttual distrbutor pricing straight from the mfg...The mfg's wont talk to anyone.

Little Jack

Master
    +1 to what Matt said. Several of my distributors don't offer a huge savings in ammo. For cheap 9mm it's about the same price to go to walmart. I haven't found any deal yet that are actually saving much if anything. Not sure how many rounds you have to buy to get some sort of break.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    I did not ask,I got the impression they did not want to get into the whole deal,I chalked it up to a nogo

reel_crazy

Expert
    we might want to talk to the georgia ammo folks.. i dont think they offer 5.56 but for 223 55gr stuff perhaps they would deal with us .. it would be a pretty long day but doable as a round trip 315 miles or so one way.. figure round trip of 630 mi at 15 mpg and 4/gal is 168 or so in fuel.. and approx 12 hours time.. if the price is right i might make the drive.. im assuming standard shipping for 1000 to 1500 lbs of ammo would be more .. any more than that would take a bigger truck than mine..

FUPAGUNT

Master
    we might want to talk to the georgia ammo folks.. i dont think they offer 5.56 but for 223 55gr stuff perhaps they would deal with us .. it would be a pretty long day but doable as a round trip 315 miles or so one way.. figure round trip of 630 mi at 15 mpg and 4/gal is 168 or so in fuel.. and approx 12 hours time.. if the price is right i might make the drive.. im assuming standard shipping for 1000 to 1500 lbs of ammo would be more .. any more than that would take a bigger truck than mine..

When is the next gun show around here?? Maybe you can get them to bring it with them to save some driving. Just a thought...

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    That and hazmat endorsement with a cdl,I have the cdl just no hazmat,DOT would have a field day with you if caught..

reel_crazy

Expert
    hazmat?.. cdl?.. im talking a pickup truck.. and maybe a small utility trailer... are you saying i need hazmat to transport my own ammo?.. arrgh.. way too many laws..

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    No hazmat for personal ammo,but you would be pushing it with tens of thousands of rounds.DOT does not hesitate to bend you over..

Mullet Hunter

Master
    No hazmat for personal ammo,but you would be pushing it with tens of thousands of rounds.DOT does not hesitate to bend you over..

Make it happen and I will roll the dice..... In a pickup or large SUV you are just another car on the road. We are not hauling cocaine here. I am legally alowed to buy and haul as much ammo as I can afford. It would be nothing more than a timely traffic stop if you got pulled over... Like I said make it happen and I will make the drive with a dealer...

Welldoya

Master
    Does anybody have a black Trans Am ?

(If you don't understand, ask somebody over 50. They'll know.)

Last edited:

Mullet Hunter

Master
    But i like the black trans am idea

And a dog named Fred..... Like I said I will roll the dice... Make it happen and I'm gone...

Top Bottom