• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I figured I might start posting in here again since I was the one that got this section started. So I bought an FX Maverick .22 Compact (500mm) Barrel. Then I picked up a .30 Cal Barrel change over kit from a friend also 500mm wanted to keep it compact also. I have other airguns that are sniper length barrels in every cal you can think of but this is my fun compact toy.

So .22 was a beast same hole accuracy at 46 meters (50yards) but I was having an issue with power when I switched over to the .30 barrel. Tried 50.15ge and 44.15gr slugs but both seemed to be under powered.

I reached out to FX. These people will email back in 5 min no matter what... You don't get this service with powder burners. I told them what I got and the issues I was having. So they shipped some free parts springs and heaver hammer and emailed me a tune to work with the .22 and .30 and then use the power wheel to change power on the fly.

Tune:

This tune is for a .30 caliber 500mm using 44.8grain JSB pellets. Adjust power wheel down for .22
    Regulator 1 - 140 bar
    Regulator 2 - 105 bar
    Hammer adjustment screw - 5.98mm
    Power wheel - 7
    Your goal should be around 880fps

Ok got the parts and dumped all the air and started over tuning the two regulators.

My FX M3 .25 Sniper (700mm Barrel) has a three regulator system and a much more complex power wheel quick tune setup. I might post more about that later.

Some pics of what I did this morning.

ArnZGNm.jpg

3HI9QgC.jpg

H06FFtt.jpg

VvzVYdd.jpg

IZuRlhA.jpg

NFOgaQ4.jpg

wlgjHI4.jpg

h4HC5r6.jpg

gDT47dq.jpg

c0MkJ6z.jpg

D8zDqH7.jpg

eQFhPxt.jpg

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Thats pretty cool. Do you use air compressors to fill it or tanks of air? It looks like it would be a little complicated. :)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thats pretty cool. Do you use air compressors to fill it or tanks of air? It looks like it would be a little complicated. :)
    Yes I have three compressors that can fill to 4500 PSI. I have two bottles that I keep 4500 psi of air in them. I also have a special HPA filter to have perfect clean dry air go into the tanks and then into the guns. Not for the faint of heart. I love them and love working on them.

Just swapped out the barrel kit to .30 gonna shoot in the back yard and get some chrono numbers with the lab radar chrono.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here are some more pics. One with the .30 cal barrel kit and I put on a larger DonnyFL Can. Makes it look fat. LOL

The other pics are of the barrel system. See FX has a very special barrel liner they call it and it's a smooth twist barrel. Meaning they do not run a tool inside the barrel to get the rifling. They do it from the outside of the barrel. The carbon fiber around the liner is an add on that stiffens the liner. Now you can understand why airguns are so accurate and addictive. You would never get this from a powder burner. But these type of airguns are not cheap but think about the tech that goes in them.

ZD7xPv0.jpg

2YL5Ybz.jpg

d9aSFKg.jpg

VBqs0YP.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is pretty wild, it still amazes me what can be done with an air rifle platform. I don't need another hobby but this is cool stuff!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is pretty wild, it still amazes me what can be done with an air rifle platform. I don't need another hobby but this is cool stuff!
    That Maverick is the simple version of the FX Family and still has alot of tech.

Here is the worlds most advanced airgun. Three (3) pressure regulators and three pressure gauges before the slug sees the air. You can see the super fine on the fly tuning system. People from all over the world are sharing there tunes. Probably pretty easy to take a fly our at 100 yards with this bad boy.

This is my FX M3 Sniper in .25 cal (700mm) Barrel can also be swapped to different cals on the fly.

cdEd2R7.jpg

kulyR0i.jpg

d23WcfG.jpg

FX let you have all the schematics you need. One reason I own a printer that can scan and print 11x17. I love to take these things apart and see how they click...

Touy1cs.jpg

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FX makes some incredible airguns. Someday I will have to look into getting one. Probably have to give up racing though and don't see that happening anytime soon. Good airguns are amazingly accurate, my Avenger gets 1 hole groups at 35 yards and less than half inch at 50 yards, the FX will probably do better than that at 100 yards or more! Are you using slugs for the long range shots?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's the psi on the onboard tank? Shots per fill?
    These guns fill to 250 bar = Just over 3625 psi. Some of my airguns fill to 300 bar. Yes that over 4000 psi.

I really don't keep track of all that. It's alot of shots. The sniper comes with a very large CF tank 580 cc. That Compact Maverick is much smaller but a different platform. My .30 AGT Uragan has a very large tank built in and fills to 300 bar.

I know on my .457 and .257 Texan II airguns. The .457 gets about 5 to 6 shots and the .257 get a few more. LOL But that's alot of lead out of an airgun. I have 500gr slugs for the .457. The .257 Caliber Loverin Design 87 Grain are my Fav...

Here is a kool video on the M3

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FX makes some incredible airguns. Someday I will have to look into getting one. Probably have to give up racing though and don't see that happening anytime soon. Good airguns are amazingly accurate, my Avenger gets 1 hole groups at 35 yards and less than half inch at 50 yards, the FX will probably do better than that at 100 yards or more! Are you using slugs for the long range shots?
    I shoot slugs and pellets. Just depends but long rang slugs are much better. I probably have over a million pellets and slugs. I also have an airgun is every cal you can think of... Well not 308 yet. I opted for the .257 instead. Flatter shooting.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you have a real nice collection there! I've got a few, all basically lower end stuff in .22 or .177, still amazing how accurate they can be though. I sure have not found a firearm that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount that can shoot near as good as these cheaper airguns.

Blackfeather666

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice setup. I got a couple air guns. Its nice to step out the back door and shoot. I just setup 100 yard targets they were easy. I plan on going further out in the next few days, just have to do some land clearing

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    yes I use slugs and pellets depending of how far out I want to shoot. and yes the FX M3 Sniper can do much more than 100 yards out.

Top Bottom