• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Does anyone here have experience using the TruGlo TFO Tritium & fiber optic combo handgun sights? I'd appreciate any comments pro or con. TIA

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a set on my p-01 and honestly I love them, I don't have old eyes but that doesn't mean they aren't bad eye's. Bright at night and day not much else you can ask for.

Kvwillmsn79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a set on a Glock 17 and I like them however the front sight is long and that shortened the sight radius for aiming. I’d go with trijicon or ameriglo.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have a set on a Glock 17 and I like them however the front sight is long and that shortened the sight radius for aiming. I’d go with trijicon or ameriglo.

That was my exact thought from seeing pics. The rear sight face does sit rearward a bit more than stock sights, but the extreme length of the front sight appears to more than negate that. My intended use is/was for a G19, and your comment tells me these sights might not be the best choice.

Thanks, everyone for the comments. They look like terrific sights, but they do look 'big,' and maybe too long for a G19. :(

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn’t worry about the sight radius. You picked a 19 over a 17 right?
    They’re bright in all lighting which is what they’re intended to be, I personally think they’re great(friend had a mp9c with them installed).

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I know the sight radius reduction would be minimal and probably not a big deal, but they look big, and more so on a smaller pistol. Still considering these and the newer version, the TFX. thanks for the comments.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I actually think that smith had tfx, something about fiber optics shooting loose on the older models.
    if your worried about big, just look at pistols with red dots and suppressor sights to de-sensitize.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Red dots or suppressors on pistols never interested me. I'm not "worried" about it, just considering the best informed choice for my personal use. As of today the pistol hasn't even been delivered yet (due in tomorrow).

From what I've read, the exposed fiber optics on the TFO are subject to deterioration while the ones on the TFX are encased/sealed. Supposedly, oil and/or cleaning solvents can damage them, but I have exposed fiber optic sights on some of my guns and they have never deteriorated. The TFOs look brighter than the TFX, at least to me. I'll go with one of the two.

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have run the previous model on Glock 30 carry pistol for about 6 years. It has the same long front sight. I did not notice a change in accuracy because of sight radius. They still seem reasonably bright, but I don't take them out in the dark as often as I should to check. These seem to have a better shaped rear sight... more melded.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No experience with truglo, but everything I have that doesn't have a scope has a Hiviz or williams fiber optic front sight. They work for me.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I installed the TruGlo TFX sights on the G19 and they look good. The front sight is a bit much (long) but it's fine. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Top Bottom