• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Machining required right??..u would let a gun smith do that to one of ur high end 1911s??..braver than I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Machining required right??..u would let a gun smith do that to one of ur high end 1911s??..braver than I am
    I'm thinking: Buy a Nighthawk AAC Recon off the shelf and when I send it back to have a long trigger and proper thickness grips installed, they can install the new trijicon sights/rmr mount.
    Nobody makes such a thing, so it would really be a one of a kind package.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    are you trying to carry this 1911? I've seen the new trend with rmrs and such that people are carrying them now for CCW. I can't see where it would add anymore bulk or make it harder to CCW...especially if you OWB. I carry my gun at a super front cant regardless of size so i wouldn't be adding anymore real estate but i guess drawing/getting it caught up could be difficult.

I googled a while ago about putting the rmr on my ROC but people said that it wasn't possible on a 1911 and others said it was. I've seen caspian frames and what not where they drilled it out. Getting a M&P 9C and having it milled it hot on my list though..still blown away that S&W doesn't offer the M&P 9C in the core variant.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/community/whats_new_item.php?whats_newID=news_130

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/pist...adow-hawk-rmr/shadow-hawk-government-rmr.html

I suppose I could carry it. Gotta call nighthawk today and make sure they'll do it before I go and sell some of my favorite guns to make it happen.
    Ryan, looking for a good 1911?

you know that I always am...just has to be an officer frame or bobbed. I won't ever get rid of my ROC and I prefer the 4-4.25 inch over the 5 inch. I know that I'd be dumping a hard amount of cash into my ROC putting an RMR for carry on it but that gun just does everything I need it to and I don't feel bad about beating it up. I am slightly dissapointed with the finish though i've only been CCW it for 3-4 months now and the finish on the frame is wearing fast.

$200 isn't bad at all for those sights. I called springfield last week and you can get a custom springfield built TRP Compact but they are going to be releasing a compact TRP version late this year but a full size grip would kill it for me. When I had them price out a custom shop TRP compact we were at over 2k which yeah isn't going to happen.

Top Bottom