• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awhile back I began to lament having given my Son in law the Digital Marine Camo Emergency/Hurricane Backpack that held my BK17. Then I went online and discovered that KaBar had discontinued the BK17, I got even more concerned. I'd have sworn that during the BK17's heyday I'd have purchased at least 2 at a time, just so that I could fiddle with one and keep the other factory stock. Danged if I could remember where I'd cached all those duplicate knives.

Well, Thanksgiving 2019 & 2020 didn't exactly hold the families customary Wild Turkey 101 toast, so the cork of a bottle of Wild Turkey hadn't been pulled since at least 2018. Rummaging the liquor locker for a bit of a different taste in my cup, there sat an unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101. Figured I'd sample a few fingers just to keep the taste buds alert, suddenly I remembered the location of the duplicate knives cache. (Go figure.)

Inside the Old WWII Desert Camo backpack stuffed into the far corner of the Florida room I found a treasure trove of duplicate knives from years back. The most currently desired to be a Micarta Handled BK17 with KA-BAR Kydex & Ballistic Nylon sheath in New in the Box condition. I'm feeling so good about it I think I'll have another cup!

An even better find was the lost tin with all the ancient fire makers tools. Carbon steel knives, Flint stones, Fools Gold, Steel Strikers, etc. It was like recovering the land of the lost and training aids for both the Grandsons. After all who uses anything other than Magnesium Striker Bars (available for a buck or two from Harbor Freight) nowadays?

Anyone else have a something that triggers their memory on where they left a knife, that they have recovered?

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    When I was in high school I bought a cheap oyster knife at a tack trailer in some dusty far away livestock auction's back lot, and I'd thought I'd won the lottery. I used it everywhere and on everything! And one day I didnt have it any more, and I didnt know where I'd lost it. One day I was hanging out under the oak tree in my mom's front yard, a long time later, under the huge tree where I'd had multiple tree houses, and a zip line, all long since rotted away. And I found my knife, laying there half buried under the oak leaves, still in its sheath! Even though it was a little worse for wear, it was perfectly serviceable, and I still have it to this day. Wouldnt you know?! Years after that, I gave my son a Case boy scout knife as a gift, and he lost it and never told anyone. He was like maybe 5 or 6 years old. I was mowing the yard and found it, under the tree house

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For years I couldn't figure out where the USAF 5 inch hunting knife I used during combat survival school got to. Every so often I would look for it with no damn luck. Then one day the neighbor and I were talking fishing, and I had a Ah-Ha moment my knife was in the tackle box, which was found buried in attic.

The knife was used and abused during survival school. It's packed away now, but here's an old photo bucket picture of it. It's the one on the left with no finish left.

DSCN4055.jpg.ae9a591b0d9514d7392de33beff3d352.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    One time I found a knife that somebody had stashed! I was surveying an old gas station to make it a new Walgreens, over on the west side of Pensacola. The woods behind the lot had been a homeless camp for who knows how long, but they had all moved on. I was wanding the property line looking for iron corners and I took a break next to the old dumpster pad. I happened to have the metal detector still on and it hit on something near the corner of the pad! I dug down a few inches and found a leatherman multitool, still in the leather pouch, and still in working order! I pawned it for like $14 and took a girl on a date. Everybody at work the next day was like "WHAT?! That's a great find and a good story, like buried treasure, go back for it!" and I did! I bought back my own buried treasure I'd found, lmao

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If
    One time I found a knife that somebody had stashed! I was surveying an old gas station to make it a new Walgreens, over on the west side of Pensacola. The woods behind the lot had been a homeless camp for who knows how long, but they had all moved on. I was wanding the property line looking for iron corners and I took a break next to the old dumpster pad. I happened to have the metal detector still on and it hit on something near the corner of the pad! I dug down a few inches and found a leatherman multitool, still in the leather pouch, and still in working order! I pawned it for like $14 and took a girl on a date. Everybody at work the next day was like "WHAT?! That's a great find and a good story, like buried treasure, go back for it!" and I did! I bought back my own buried treasure I'd found, lmao
    If it was a Leatherman PST; it’s worth way more that $14 (now). If you got “lucky” withe date, then yea it was worth it, just sayin’.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom