• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Is this a Palmetto EPT trigger? Has an S marking on it. Red/Orange colored springs. I should keep better track of these things. Also, do all Geissele triggers have G marking on them?

IMG_8051.JPEG

IMG_8052.JPEG

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I think it is too. I found another one that looks the same in a bag I have labeled that. But I have others I know are ept’s on rifles that don’t have the S. But that’s palmetto way of things.

I’m reloading stock for tomorrow because I got cleaned out today wanted to make sure I didn’t do something stupid and sell a nice lower for cheap

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Found this guy, has a similar outline.

Edit, also noticed this one has a red trigger spring, and it looks like yours has one as well! This guy might be it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_190140_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20230603_190140_Chrome.jpg
      142.5 KB · Views: 34

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yep that's it, must have come in some Palmetto lowers at some point but I don't recall getting any 2-stage triggers from them, I did notice it felt "kinda" 2 stagey but I thought that was just some sweet Palmetto creep. They probably were putting them in some EPT lowers at some point if I had to guess. Thanks! I had searched for the "S" marking on google but it seemed like that was just kinda generic, I never pinpointed it like ya'll did!!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yep that's it, must have come in some Palmetto lowers at some point but I don't recall getting any 2-stage triggers from them, I did notice it felt "kinda" 2 stagey but I thought that was just some sweet Palmetto creep. They probably were putting them in some EPT lowers at some point if I had to guess. Thanks! I had searched for the "S" marking on google but it seemed like that was just kinda generic, I never pinpointed it like ya'll did!!
    Yeah in the past when I searched triggers based on the numbers and or letters I saw "those in the know" say it's for identifying the mold they casted in for quality control only. So in other words a company doing the forgings can go thru 1-10+a-z for each maker.
    I have seen things like firing pin latches with SIG MCXs tho have specific meanings for a S vs G, one being standard SIG triggers and the other is Geissele compatible triggers, and all other trigger types.
    If that makes sense lol

epointer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I saw some set screw magic the other day to preload the trigger. Use a shorter grip screw. I'll see if I can find a thread. You can take all the creep out of any trigger
    Stuff like that has been around a while, set screw to take some of the take up out of the trigger and also clipped hammer spring leg and bent trigger spring legs to lighten them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom