• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Very interesting day at the range. Took my Hog Slayer 8.5 pistol that I had dialed in for 50 yds and SSA Barnes 110TSX, has a 4x32 shotgun scope on it.
    Fired first w the 110TSX, then my Hornady 120SST, went to the Fusion 115 and then the 90 GD at 50 yds, all 4 rds in the 1 1/2" orange dot??? What is that?? I really thought the 90 GD might be 2" high even at that distance. Why did I pay for range time??? LOL

OK so then I pulled the ARP 16" scout out and it is sighted in at 100 w the 120SST, Fire the 120 first then the other 3 and as expected I am an inch to 1 1/2" high at 50yds all the rounds right in there, 3-9x40 Redfield on this one.

Off to the rifle range and 100yds and started w the pistola, the 4x32 does not make it easy to see for me at 100 but all the different rds were in the dot or just on top of it 1 1/2"MOA but the Federal 90 GD was dead center..OK, that is my GOTO RD for this.

Next did the same thing with my rifle and dead center for it was the 115 Fusion, remember this was sighted in for the 120 SST Hornady, all the ammo loads were in the 1 1/2" dot or cutting the edges, including the old last 3 rds of the remington crap ammo I had left.

So bottom line I was surprised i did not have to adjust either scope and have a variety of loads, bullet construction and weights to choose from all shooting pretty much the same POI. I really expected to have to change the scope. Great shooting fun with my 6.8's around 40 rds down range and confirmed my POI.

I also stopped by a Fishing Buddies house, he builds rods for Competitive Fishermen and he gave me a rod butt end they use for fighting fish. Thanks Jeff!

This one is called the BUTT HEAD and I found on the net the Hammer Head butt Cushion, as opposed to the tennis ball I had on the butt of my Pistol. This actually extend the length about 1 1/2-2"..PERFECT The letter from the ATF say you can put a cane tip or chair leg protective cap/cup on your pistol so this is doing the same thing. This way if I drop or bump my weapon the cushion on the end will protect it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks, light easy to truck carry, zeroed at 50/125, it is the first gun I grab for heading to the lease, well the Glock is already strapped on...LOL I cannot think of a more perfect weapon and 6.8 caliber for those quick shots on game or nuisance animals. I have a 4x32 shotgun scope on it now but would like a variable 2-7x 32 or 40 very compact, short and light...still looking! The current setup other than the optics are just perfect for me!

Top Bottom