• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Can anyone here recommend a good (licensed & insured) tree service for Gulf Breeze? I need to have a 25' Sylvester palm taken out and the stump ground. Thanks for any leads.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    He's not the cheapest but probably the best. A Cut Above Tree Service, David Bradford. Pretty sure he's a certified arborist as well.

Tristate has the highest price of anyone from personal quotes and stories I've heard.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A coworker recommends Kodiak, but up front, he knows the owner. Having received more than one estimate from various services, I would consider doing it myself. IMO, this is one of those instances where "they" can charge whatever they want because most folks won't attempt it. I am not an arborist/logger, but have cut a lot of trees/firewood without damage to life, limb, or property. Feel free to PM me if you have DIY questions. If I don't know, I'll tell you I don't know.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    ^^^ Thanks for the reply. I have cut down & disposed of many trees over the years. I could down this one easily myself, but disposal, stump grinding & proper clean-up are beyond my current capabilities. The fact that I have no truck and I'm 71 y/o with a bad back & heart issues limit what I should be doing myself.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^ Thanks for the reply. I have cut down & disposed of many trees over the years. I could down this one easily myself, but disposal, stump grinding & proper clean-up are beyond my current capabilities. The fact that I have no truck and I'm 71 y/o with a bad back & heart issues limit what I should be doing myself.
    I hear ya there, brother. There are certainly times when you just want the whole job completely done. Hope you find a good company.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Treeworks LLC is who I used, amongst a couple others in the past. They had the right equipment and crew to def tackle large projects. My neighbor used them as well as Heritage Tree Removal

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try Don at Tree Works Plus. 850-934-4888. I had 6 cut down about a year ago by him. He was not the cheapest or the most expensive quote I received but he was local (Midway area) and had other recommendations. In one day, his crew had all the trees down and all debris removed. One of the trees had a stump that was over 40inches across! The only thing not done the first day was stump grinding, he sent someone back for that a few days later

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Try Don at Tree Works Plus. 850-934-4888. I had 6 cut down about a year ago by him. He was not the cheapest or the most expensive quote I received but he was local (Midway area) and had other recommendations. In one day, his crew had all the trees down and all debris removed. One of the trees had a stump that was over 40inches across! The only thing not done the first day was stump grinding, he sent someone back for that a few days later
    Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

I went with Tree Works Plus. Don was very responsive to my request for a quote, and like I was told here, he was not the cheapest or most expensive quote I received. I'm usually not easily impressed, but I found his plain spoken (and very confident) manner appealing. He got the job on the spot, the deal having been sealed with nothing more than a handshake....I liked that. He showed up when agreed (today), with a full crew and the stump grinder not far behind. The job was done with no damage to my lawn, and clean up was impeccable. I'd recommend him to anyone. Thanks for the referral.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad it worked out well for you. Sounds like the same scenario I had with him.

Top Bottom