• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you know how to respond to a lethal threat, kill the bad guy, and then address the life-threatening injuries you got in the melee? What if your kid caught a stray round? Could you save her as she is bleeding to death?

This is not remotely a Red Cross first aid class. Nor is it a classroom medical class. This is a unique gunfighting class that teaches the integration of shooting, moving, medical intervention, and rapid tactical thinking.

This is a very thorough introduction to how to evaluate and treat gunshot wounds, stab wounds and other traumatic injuries. We will do a great deal of technical work to ingrain the correct skills and then work them extensively via practical training, including force on force exercises and live fire. There has never before been training and information like this offered to the general public.

And I grant CEU's to EMS & LEO's, under authority of both APOST & ADPH.

June 8-9, 2013
    TRAUMA MEDICINE FOR THE CCW OPERATOR
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Instructor: Dr. John Meade

http://www.suarezinternationalstore...ine-ccw-operator-gadsden-al.aspx#.UVHVCxysiSo

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This sounds like an excellent opportunity for the "average Joe" to get some great training -- training that would be handy following an armed confrontation, or for you and your family after the next natural or man-caused disaster (tornado, auto collision, etc.). If you don't have the time to invest in First Responder, EMT, or Paramedic training -- this is the way to go! Again, think of it as "insurance" for your loved ones...

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually we teach things not remotely included in any standard EMS curriculum. I have had combat medics, cops and doctors, as well as farmers and accountants, and all learned lots!

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This class is has had several additional sign-ups over the past week. I still have room for a handful more. We are less than 2 weeks away from a great weekend!

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you ever offer any classes locally? Due to current work schedule, won't be able to travel for the next few months.

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you ever offer any classes locally? Due to current work schedule, won't be able to travel for the next few months.
    I did this class in Crestview last year. The low turnout indicated a lack of interest locally. Sort of ironic that I can sell out classes all over the country, but not in my own area.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did this class in Crestview last year. The low turnout indicated a lack of interest locally. Sort of ironic that I can sell out classes all over the country, but not in my own area.

Strange, I would think there would be more interest in this area. Would love to take the class when things ease up around work. Thank you for providing that service.

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed..
    I'd love to take a course like that. I'm not sure 3 of us could get the cost ratio where we could afford it. But then again, I dont know the numbers to start with.
    Dr. Meade, maybe you could PM us some numbers?

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we have the proper level of interest, I might be persuaded to do one in the Pensacola area in the spring.

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guys, I've been really busy, sorry. My biz has been so busy my head is spinning (hehe)
    Got some numbers from Dr John, its a 2 day class that could potentially be held in crestview. Would be cool to get a group together and work this out, but I wont be able to do it until the 2nd half of next year. I'm already sighned up for a private tactical course with VATA Group in oct. and have a wedding for my daughter to pay for. I dont expect anyone to wait on me, I'm just throwing out there that it would be a bit before I'll be able to pull this off. We could always do another session with Dr John as long as the numbers are there to make it worth his time and effort.
    Would be really cool to get this done, I appreciate that StatDoc would be willing to give us his time and expertise. The numbers are more than reasonable for 2 days of this type of instruction.
    PM me if you are interested in the cost, out of respect for Dr John I wont post them on an open forum.
    Those of you who are wanting to get this done sooner are certainly free to do so, but I'd love to put a group together for next year if this is still a workable option for Dr John

Top Bottom