• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm going to get back into trapping this season, haven’t done it since high school. I'm looking for some places to trap. Anyone have any land or know someone with some land that wouldn't mind or would even like someone trapping coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, etc on their property? Anything within about a 45 minute drive of Milton would be great.

Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    or anyone know of a pond that a guy can shoot ducks on or an agricultural field that I can shoot geese on? Or a farmer with too many pigeons?

Hunting and trapping public land can be such a chore.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please be sure you have the proper permits.

The use of steel leg-hold traps, dog-proof raccoon traps and body-grip (conibear) traps is prohibited, except when permitted by FWC. It is illegal to transport wild-trapped live raccoons within, into or from the state, except by FWC permit or authorization.

Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Please be sure you have the proper permits.

The use of steel leg-hold traps, dog-proof raccoon traps and body-grip (conibear) traps is prohibited, except when permitted by FWC. It is illegal to transport wild-trapped live raccoons within, into or from the state, except by FWC permit or authorization.
    100%

Only traps I'm interested in are cage traps that I can get a good price.

I recently filled out a survey/questionnaire/comment card that FWC has out. They are proposing some rule changes for next year. Some of those changes include the use of leg holds and conibears without special permits. But all trappers would be required to take an education course. I'm all for it.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    100%

I recently filled out a survey/questionnaire/comment card that FWC has out. They are proposing some rule changes for next year. Some of those changes include the use of leg holds and conibears without special permits. But all trappers would be required to take an education course. I'm all for it.
    I agree. All for it as well. Coyotes are out of control.

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    100%

The course on fwc website is a pretty good one. Doesn't take to long to take.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom