• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was more ammo then i have ever seen at the show!! I go to almost every gun show at FWB just to see whats there. NEVER have I seen so much ammo for sale, there was ammo at every other table, it was crazy... and stupid prices, but people were not buying much of it. if there is a shortage, its not in FWB. i don't know what to believe anymore, I find ammo all the time online, not the best prices but its there. I guess it will even itself out when nobody buys $4 a .308 round. I think we are driving this craziness. If everybody stopped this panic buying it would drive prices down... wake up!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few weeks ago we had the show in Panama City, the overpriced ammo was selling like hotcakes. There were a lot of first time gun buyers also, you can tell by how they handled the weapons (No trigger discipline, barrels pointing at people, etc). The gunshow was the busiest I've seen in a while.

Tons of ammo being bought.
    Tons of weapons being bought.
    CCW class was at full capacity.

I got sticker shock on weapons and ammo......AKs in the $1000.00 + range, ARs in the $1000.00 + range, hell Mosin Nagant M91/30 in the $450.00 + range.

Basically CINC Household and I were just tire kicking lookie-loos. Went back to the truck and while it was warning up, I was enjoying a smoke (Don't smoke in the truck or house). Was leaning over the driver's fender and kicked something. Found a 20 round AR magazine (Adventure Line), sitting just to the front of my tire. If it was there when I pulled in I was an inch away from flattening it, or someone dropped it afterwards and couldn't find it. So it's mine now......

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I was enjoying a smoke (Don't smoke in the truck or house).

Never understood this. Your lungs are more valuable than a truck you will trade in. Nice find on the magazine, though.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never understood this. Your lungs are more valuable than a truck you will trade in. Nice find on the magazine, though.

I grew up with a dad, who was a chain smoker, and to this day I can't stand the smell of a car that a person smokes in. Especially a car that's been sitting in the heat all day. Hell after I have a cigarette I normally wash my hands as I can't stand the smell on my hands.

Yeah, I'm a weird smoker, I did quit for years after my heart attack. But hung around a friend that smoked cigars, hmmm the scent of a fine cigar. First it was a cigar here or there, then cigarettes again.

So we don't allow smoking in the vehicles or house. If we want a smoke, pull over if driving, or if at the house we go to the backyard or garage if raining. When we have guests they aren't visiting a house or riding in a vehicle that smells like a butt can.

Need to just quit again and be done with it........My parents always did say "The boy isn't normal'.

Top Bottom