• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Doing the Academy and LGS circuit tomorrow AM.
    Will probably hit Mike's,Uber's,Academy,Gulf Coast,and Gray Man.
    Looking for sevral items including a couple firearms.
    It is really sad that for an area the size of Pensacola,Pace,Milton,we do not have several more big box stores like Academy.
    I am seeing nowadays that some,at different times,LGS's are as cheap as people offering weapons on this forum.
    I will buy what I want,at the price I want to pay. No matter from where. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Styx river has a pretty good selection of firearms and have been getting in ammo pretty regularly. You can buy a long gun there, but sidearms they send to buck and bass.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Havent been to Styx for a couple months now. They always have a great inventory.
    In the last three years or so I have bought quite a bit of reloading consumables,ammo,and two long guns. ---- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The bad side of big box store are the idiots that you have to deal with.....if someone is even at the counter
    When they know less than I do, it's bad. Auto parts stores getting that way too.
    I understand people take jobs because they like them, want to learn, or just need to feed family. I'm ok with that. It's the guys that "I work the gun counter" and act like they know it all. Drives me nuts.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My biggest problem with places like academy is that everything they have is picked over the moment it gets in because Joe schmoe thinks it's the only place in town. I haven't been to Uber's on probably a year, and I refuse to do business at gulf coast guns since they jacked their prices to the max. I get that they had ammo when everyone else was out, but damn.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Anybody want a "ride along".
    Obviously you gotta be one of my forum friends (all two of you).
    Leave your car at my house. Bring plastic and tons of cash.
    Will leave here about 0900. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hit Academy,Ubers's,and Mike's.
    Academy had a fair selection of long guns (too damn many M/L's) and as always,dough heads working all over that store.
    Some freakin' prissy missy was zooming in and out of the gun counter. She seemed extremely authoritative.
    The ammo that they has was limited ( the shortage is over,people are displaying a limited supply to keep prices HIGH !!),some 9mm,some 5.56,some shotgun,did not see any 22 but did not look really hard.
    Had a good supply of AR parts. I actually watched a MagPul spontaneously combust hanging on the rack.
    Then came the sympathetic combustion of the rest of them. I managed to save a couple of the preferred steel mags in the corn-fusion. WHEW !!
    I swang (swinged) into Mike's for a look-see. Tons of AR's in 223/5.56 and 308. Most all the AR's were the higher end guns. $1500-$2300 is what I saw. Time for some of you younger guys (<50) to quit pieceing together sheet guns and go ahead and invest in quality.
    The 375 H&H was gone
    Liked the looks of,ergonomics of,mag cap of,mechanics of,the little Ruger (in my other thread) so I swooped it up. Got plenty of 380 to break it in. Got a couple more mags coming.
    Good day . . . HOT,but not much traffic.
    Uber's was well stocked as usual. Might just go back for a shotgun today. ---- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    where have you been young man? Glad to see you on
    Ive been undercover since I sold all my firearms and ammo.
    Too dangerous to be online and out in public these days without proper armament.
    So, I am now reconsidering my lack of protection. I am accepting high quality firearm donations with ammo though. Otherwise I'll lean on my Karate training. I earned a white belt, but only wear it on Easter.
    Thanks for the inquiry, Frank. Hope you're well.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ive been undercover since I sold all my firearms and ammo.
    Too dangerous to be online and out in public these days without proper armament.
    So, I am now reconsidering my lack of protection. I am accepting high quality firearm donations with ammo though. Otherwise I'll lean on my Karate training. I earned a white belt, but only wear it on Easter.
    Thanks for the inquiry, Frank. Hope you're well.
    LOL, yeah right, we miss your sage info...I am still above ground

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I honestly can’t remember the last time I went in Mike’s, probably 4 or 5 years I guess.
    I’ve been in Academy maybe twice in the past year.
    I’ve never been in Ubers, mostly due to location.
    I stop in Gulf Coast Guns when I go to Milton. Never really found much there but the people are nice. I did buy a Savage 24 several months ago. It wasn’t a steal but the price was fair and I wanted it.
    A few weeks ago was my first time in Gray Man. Very nice guys there. I bought a Glock 43x at a good price.
    Nearly every gun I’m interested in is no longer in production so I’ve got a pawnshop circuit I hit about once or twice a month.
    Pickings have been really slim lately.
    I was in one Monday and thought I had hit the jackpot when the guy was bringing 4 long guns out of the back to put on the rack, one being a Marlin 1894 in .44.
    I asked the price and he said “$1,899”.
    Uh, no.
    But I’ve got 4 or 5 pawnshops I hit on a regular basis and have bought guns at all of them at one time or another. It’s just a matter of being there at the right time. Also a matter of which employee did the pricing.
    There are a couple of shops that I drive right by because their pricing is stupid. Stopped there a few times and never seen a decent price.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Can you get a PAWN SHOP to come down in price on a firearm ?? Never tried.
    The pawn shop with the indoor range,just south of W Street,has some "interesting" firearms. Not really cheap though. ---- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Can you get a PAWN SHOP to come down in price on a firearm ?? Never tried.
    The pawn shop with the indoor range,just south of W Street,has some "interesting" firearms. Not really cheap though. ---- SAWMAN
    Absolutely, depending on how long they’ve had the gun. They are more likely to deal if it’s been there a while. I’ve had them still knock off tax even if they just put it out.
    Let’s face it, they probably didn’t give the guy 1/4th of what they have it priced.
    I don’t go in that shop on Hwy 29 very often, mostly because the employees aren’t all that friendly but they do have some interesting guns on occasion.
    I went in there several months ago and 4 or 5 employees were sitting at the counter eating. That just turns me off.
    Unless it’s a one man shop, employees should eat in the back while taking turns manning the counter.

Top Bottom