• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    IMHO, I still think it’s gimmicky. Or maybe for that individual that has no index finger. I think like Frommer said, it would cause at least me issues with my other AR’s as far as muscle memory. It also seems like a very light “trigger press” in stead of trigger pull. I wonder what the rate of NDs would be for running and gunning with your thumb hovering over the button. Seems it would be slower as far as getting on the gas with the way the safety is too. And if your are missing that index finger how efficiently are you going to be able to throw that selector safety lever back and forth? Maybe as a dedicated long range rifle but..... with all the lighten pull weights of drop in triggers I still don’t see the benefit. Just me though. I would like to try it, but I don’t think I would ever purchase. I think the wheel is just fine the way it is, no need to reinvent it.

I could see it as a long range competition gun. Definitely not for running and gunning.

I would think that a safety “trigger” would help more than their slide action- I.e. put pressure on the trigger to fire with thumb.

I am pretty sure there are other long range rifles with a thumb fire.

I agree that it is not for me - but I would still like to shoot it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ugh!!! The mfrs mfrs alleged issues of sight off angle trigger pull are much more relatively to handguns. With a AR shouldered, a support hand forward and other on the grip: your dinky digit is not going to overpower all your anchor points. Isn't mgr saying the equivalent of "Your too stupid to learn how to pull a trigger straight back, so buy my $400 junk, but your smart enough to learn a new firing system." Some may learn faster if they have "Butterfly trigger" time on crew served weapons. AR "retention/control" for all manner of things is much better served with the thumb wrapped around the grip, IMHO. A solution for a non problem, even if you're missing issing a digit or two.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ugh!!! The mfrs mfrs alleged issues of sight off angle trigger pull are much more relatively to handguns. With a AR shouldered, a support hand forward and other on the grip: your dinky digit is not going to overpower all your anchor points. Isn't mgr saying the equivalent of "Your too stupid to learn how to pull a trigger straight back, so buy my $400 junk, but your smart enough to learn a new firing system." Some may learn faster if they have "Butterfly trigger" time on crew served weapons. AR "retention/control" for all manner of things is much better served with the thumb wrapped around the grip, IMHO. A solution for a non problem, even if you're missing issing a digit or two.
    Somebody say crew serve weapon??
    10’s of thousands of rounds through them and I still say this lower is trying to make a better wheel pfft.
    7926D8B1-BAFE-4AD8-9CA2-F370BD314198.jpeg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody local had one, I just missed getting it.( suprise!) I like different weapons. Example- the trench warfare nagant... :)
    Where does the bayonet go. It has got to have a bayonet if it is a nagant lol.

10wt308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just out of curiosity is it ambidextrous?

my real thought is that money could be spent on training ammo to get trigger time and learn to do it right. Can’t buy enough add ones to make you a better shooter.
    with that lower where would that leave me with a P220 trigger

Top Bottom