Target Sports

Threaded barrels, muzzle devices, crush washers, shims, silencers, questions and discussion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Crush washer is better than peel. I've seen them installed both directions but install mine with the concave portion forward so that there's no over lap on a small shoulder on the barrel(contour dependent)

Use whatever you want unless you're mounting a suppressor. Most manufacturers don't recommend crush washers because they're worried about concentricity. They're worried they won't "crush" evenly.

Symmetrical flash hiders don't require timing unless you're going for a specific "look"

Brakes/comps will most likely require timing but may not depending on design. Shim as required.

I don't locktite MY muzzle devices. I'm well past the possibly of "operating". I haven't had a properly installed muzzle device come loose across lots of platforms with supressed use. If you want to jump out of helicopters and shoot things after scuba diving, follow the manufacturer's instructions. Most provide shims and a thread locker if they think it's needed. Most thread locker will came off easier with heat.

Righty tighty.....(unless it's european.....or Asian)

Top Bottom