• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I arrived around 11AM. Appeared to be more venders, with a lot of crap, (not gun related), Did not see any beef jerky this time, but that could have been me. Lot more people and the isles were narrower. Prices were higher than last few shows. One clown had Ruger American Ranch in several cal's, He had a premium on the 7.62X39 and 556MM. The 7.62X39 was above Ruger's MSP on their web page. I don't think I will go there again.
    The x39 are popular. I tried to find one for my SIL. No luck, got her a 350L. I paid $600 for one otd last year. Got a deal cause I bought 2 rifles (eaa appeal in .22mag) Love the x39 btw.great shooter.
    20211030_211205.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I do not bother to do that anymore. I have done it in the past and it was a waste. If people cannot figure out that if someone is walking around with a couple rifles over their shoulder and one if their hand is selling them, then they are pretty non-observant. I had a few people stop and ask about what they were and then they asked the prices. That ended the conversation. People seem to be looking for cheap stuff of which I do not have. I am only trying to sell this stuff to fund some high-end SIG pistols and I am not selling anything at a loss to do it. I am not desperate. I will wait until something sells.
    That's the problem with having high end stuff. I ran into the same problem. Everybody trying to tell me my $1,000 FN49 is a $300 308 SKS

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Anyone able to give a beef jerky and Nazi memorabilia report?

<humor / sarcasm>
    Alan sold his genuine framed WW2 Nazi swastika banner. I bought a bunch of his field manuals and he told me about it

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I do not bother to do that anymore. I have done it in the past and it was a waste. If people cannot figure out that if someone is walking around with a couple rifles over their shoulder and one if their hand is selling them, then they are pretty non-observant. I had a few people stop and ask about what they were and then they asked the prices. That ended the conversation. People seem to be looking for cheap stuff of which I do not have. I am only trying to sell this stuff to fund some high-end SIG pistols and I am not selling anything at a loss to do it. I am not desperate. I will wait until something sells.
    A terrible thing happens without advertising... NOTHING

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    When I am at a show, if someone is carrying something without a sign I assume they just bought it and don’t want me bothering them to buy it.
    And I have had several times where I had several rifles hanging on me that I had just bought at the show. Jay was always very good to me when I bought multiple milsurps at a time

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Walked around for a few hours, didn't buy anything, figured I wouldn't anyways just wanted to kill some time and browse.
    I just collect surplus stuff pretty much anyways, so it's usually slim pickings.

The prices are absolutely ridiculous, highest I've seen for any show or shop yet. I've only been to the Pcola show two other times, and didn't expect the prices to be THAT bad.
    Pretty much anything "interesting" I looked at was 20-30%+ over current retail values. Lots of $700-1000 SKSs (Even a $1400 Tula one LMAO, you can buy a "new in box" one for less still on gunbroker) and surplus bolt actions for $200+ over what you can buy the same thing for online at auction, usually in better shape too. $700+ for ground MUM Arisakas, carcano cavalries for $350-500. Even modern stuff was overpriced.

There were a handful of ok deals for some stuff, but few and far between. This will probably be the last gun show I go to for a long while, better off on proxibid at this point.
    I don't know why these people even bother to setup sometimes. Why waste your weekend and effort to barely sell anything? Usually I'll make offers on stuff I'm interested in, but if you want $800 for a $400-500 gun it's not even worth the hassle to be the "low baller" and offer what I'd pay. Some of the dealers have the same inventory they did 2+ years ago, they just want more for it now lmao. If it doesn't sell after months at X price, you're probably asking too much.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When I am at a show, if someone is carrying something without a sign I assume they just bought it and don’t want me bothering them to buy it.

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought a 1949 Winchester 94 in 32 Win Special on the last row at the show. I was about to leave so I headed toward the door as soon as I paid for it.
    3 people stopped me before I got to the door asking me what I wanted for it.
    But signs do help.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The paranoia over the flu is worse than the flu itself. Too many people are believing what is being reported through the media. The flu has been around forever, yet all of a sudden, there seems to be a lot of cases. The truth is that most of what they called COVID has been influenza, pneumonia, bronchitis, and other sinus and respiratory issues. These things never went away. They were renamed for the sake of the COVID narrative. That said, I did see a few paranoid fools walking around with masks on this morning. 99.99% of the people there are not wearing them. If someone does not feel comfortable in a crowd, by all means, stay home and hibernate. That leaves more room for others who are not in fear to walk around and enjoy the show.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like I said, I did go this morning (around 10am). I walked around with the XM177E2, the 604, and the Sante Fe M-59 and had some tire kickers, but no one serious. I took them back out and got the two M16A4 clones. No one approached me about either. Oh well. It appears that hardly anyone has any interest in buying when they hear the prices. They do not realize that the weapons I have are not cheap junk like you would buy from some of the vendors in there.
    That’s one of the issues with retro rifles. Most people don’t have a particular inclination towards them, and don’t understand why a M16 clone made with new production parts costs more than a Garand (obviously not all rifles are the same nor are priced the same, but $1200 Garands are out there), and then of the remaining sect of fellas who *are* interested in retro rifles, many of them try to stick to genuine US surplus, like myself. You’ve got a very nice XM16E1, priced pretty well I think at $1500 iirc, but I don’t have a place for it, as I’m already building an XM16E1, and so far have pieced together everything with original surplus, minus a LPK and lower, and I still need to mill and re profile my 80% lower, which will be the only non-surplus item.

It’s a *really* tight market, unfortunately.

As an aside, in relation to your A4, would you happen to have a AN/PAQ-4 or a PEQ-2 for sale?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    That’s one of the issues with retro rifles. Most people don’t have a particular inclination towards them, and don’t understand why a M16 clone made with new production parts costs more than a Garand (obviously not all rifles are the same nor are priced the same, but $1200 Garands are out there), and then of the remaining sect of fellas who *are* interested in retro rifles, many of them try to stick to genuine US surplus, like myself. You’ve got a very nice XM16E1, priced pretty well I think at $1500 iirc, but I don’t have a place for it, as I’m already building an XM16E1, and so far have pieced together everything with original surplus, minus a LPK and lower, and I still need to mill and re profile my 80% lower, which will be the only non-surplus item.

It’s a *really* tight market, unfortunately.

As an aside, in relation to your A4, would you happen to have a AN/PAQ-4 or a PEQ-2 for sale?
    I do not.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The paranoia over the flu is worse than the flu itself. Too many people are believing what is being reported through the media. The flu has been around forever, yet all of a sudden, there seems to be a lot of cases. The truth is that most of what they called COVID has been influenza, pneumonia, bronchitis, and other sinus and respiratory issues. These things never went away. They were renamed for the sake of the COVID narrative. That said, I did see a few paranoid fools walking around with masks on this morning. 99.99% of the people there are not wearing them. If someone does not feel comfortable in a crowd, by all means, stay home and hibernate. That leaves more room for others who are not in fear to walk around and enjoy the show.
    TOTALLY AGREE !!!! Eat lots of vegetables, stay active, GET OUT IN THE SUN !!!! You have an immune system, it works ! If you have underlying conditions, if you are elderly, if you do not eat right and do not take care of yourself, then yes, be worried. Me I am not worried about any of it and will not change my lifestyle. And no vaccinations here and never will !

edruken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess that guy who used to set up on the right with all the nice pre-lock S&Ws quit coming. He had them in nice wood & glass display cases. Haven’t seen him in a couple of years.
    I’ve had a hankering for a mint Model 60 .38.
    You didn’t happen to see one?
    we somehow missed each other then cause I was walking around with a very early production one

edruken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you sell it?
    No, I wasn't really advertising it much either as I wasn't in a rush to sell, got a few trade offers, a few lowball offers, ONE okay-ish offer through the forum, but most likely I'll just keep it, get it some deep cleaning and polish. haven't listed it

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    TOTALLY AGREE !!!! Eat lots of vegetables, stay active, GET OUT IN THE SUN !!!! You have an immune system, it works ! If you have underlying conditions, if you are elderly, if you do not eat right and do not take care of yourself, then yes, be worried. Me I am not worried about any of it and will not change my lifestyle. And no vaccinations here and never will !
    Take vitamin D when you can’t be in the sun

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    No, I wasn't really advertising it much either as I wasn't in a rush to sell, got a few trade offers, a few lowball offers, ONE okay-ish offer through the forum, but most likely I'll just keep it, get it some deep cleaning and polish. haven't listed it

Send me the details by PM if you decide to sell.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If one has higher end / collector stuff I can tell you from experience there's a handfull of buyers that will pay market if it fills a hole , is an exceptional example , is a complete package with all the factory goodies etc . If you wish to sell & recieve fair value then you need a larger market . IE the " national " shows like Louisville & Tulsa or the auction places . If you don't mind shipping & can take detailed quality pics then Gunbroker or Auction Arms will help get best prices .
    I don't know how many guns that I could only give away around here fetched handsome prices on GB or AA . Just the way things are around here & even the B'ham , Huntsville , Mobile & Atlanta shows just don't bring out the buyers because they've allowed even collector shows to degrade to flea-market style events .

Top Bottom