• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About 20 years ago or so my neighbor, a retired cop from Boston and a close friend, knew I loved .22’s. He brought over an old S&W .22 revolver. He said all his Boston cop buddies used it to pistol qualify every year due to it’s accuracy. I was intrigued and loved the gun. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I want it.
    Well after a few years passed Ed came over one day and said he and his wife were moving to New Hampshire. Sure hated to see him leave we were great friends. He asked if I still wanted that pistol.....He’ll yes I do. $300.00 and it’s yours. I thought at the time that was a bit much, but I said I wanted to buy and I kept my word.

This gun has been pretty much a safe queen since I got it. I loaned it to a friend one trapping season for his trapping sidearm. Glad he didn’t drop it in the water.
    I decided to post some pictures and numbers on the S&W forum to see if I could find out anything about the gun.

Come to find out it is a very early 22/32 I Frame Heavy Frame Target revolver. Made some time in the late 1920’s
    Same as the earlier Bekeart 22/32 HFT revolver.
    I was amazed at the value.
    here are some pics, I’ll try to find a link to the S&W Forum Thread.
    79100710-722F-4F2B-AB63-005EB6B92C29.jpeg
    68FEEC28-436D-4A56-B4DA-6CF18C12EE0E.jpeg
    25B1DBD6-8977-44BB-9CCB-214064C2EEB2.jpeg
    3438BDF5-B8EB-4DDE-ADD6-05510F9808D8.jpeg

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

link to the S&W forum thread.
    BTW this gun is not for sale.
    CF8A85C8-83BE-4007-B24B-5B9F59E3132D.jpeg
    2D31205C-6E9A-40B8-8A30-B330A72A200C.jpeg
    ADB1EDED-3B99-4595-8E71-E76CB4B66FEE.jpeg

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The chambers are not recessed. Indicating it was made prior to high velocity rounds. Notice the adjustable rear sight
    BBC1F197-1EF5-4C4E-B4E1-C0E6C03A46C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Awesome pistol!
    I wonder how many "what's the price" questions you will get! (trying to head them off!)

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have some other old interesting guns that I will post later.
    Ithaca Model 37 My father ( In the avatar ) bought right after he got home from WWII in 1946. It has killed a truckload of ducks, squirrels, Turkeys, rabbits, deer and who knows what else.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About 20 years ago or so my neighbor, a retired cop from Boston and a close friend, knew I loved .22’s. He brought over an old S&W .22 revolver. He said all his Boston cop buddies used it to pistol qualify every year due to it’s accuracy. I was intrigued and loved the gun. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I want it.
    Well after a few years passed Ed came over one day and said he and his wife were moving to New Hampshire. Sure hated to see him leave we were great friends. He asked if I still wanted that pistol.....He’ll yes I do. $300.00 and it’s yours. I thought at the time that was a bit much, but I said I wanted to buy and I kept my word.

This gun has been pretty much a safe queen since I got it. I loaned it to a friend one trapping season for his trapping sidearm. Glad he didn’t drop it in the water.
    I decided to post some pictures and numbers on the S&W forum to see if I could find out anything about the gun.

Come to find out it is a very early 22/32 I Frame Heavy Frame Target revolver. Made some time in the late 1920’s
    Same as the earlier Bekeart 22/32 HFT revolver.
    I was amazed at the value.
    here are some pics, I’ll try to find a link to the S&W Forum Thread. View attachment 110861 View attachment 110862 View attachment 110863 View attachment 110864

Time to make sure you have it insured. I would pay for the letter on it, just to have it for the future.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Time to make sure you have it insured. I would pay for the letter on it, just to have it for the future.

I agree on the letter, better to do it soonest. S&W changed the web site some time ago to show not taking request for letters, due to backlog. This was at least several years back. I got fed up and sent in a payment with the request and required photos and information. Mr. Jenks, the long time S&W Historian, got my letter back in pretty quick time. I am glad I pressed on getting it, as I think the corporations intent was to fade that service out.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you.
    I will see about the letter.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is a real nice 22 there, Neat it is built in the larger frame.. almost started to look like one of those lady smiths.. Beautiful lines on her..

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let’s see that Ithaca!
    I'll get it out and take some pics and tell the story behind it in the next day or so.
    Also have an old Winchester Lever gun with a Hex barrel that belonged to my grandfather.32/20
    Another with quite a story.

Top Bottom