• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing to consider is that these are the only handguns you can take with you to all 50 states legally, and likely many other countries. If you care about that sorta thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes this has been on the back of my mind also.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you do not need the money, keep them. Revolvers will be the last guns the government will come after, and we all may need revolvers. Just my 2 cents worth, and it is worth every penny you paid for it!

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you do not need the money, keep them. Revolvers will be the last guns the government will come after, and we all may need revolvers. Just my 2 cents worth, and it is worth every penny you paid for it!
    Of course there is a reason for that. since they are not a very tactically useful weapon they do not present as big a threat to team Tyranny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can take them to these nice people.

Look they’re all smiles....and just right down the road. Might even give you cash and not even make you fill out paper work.

1655758697201.jpeg

Last edited:

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    So, like the rest of these helpful people, I would buy every stinking one of them! That said, you have a 3" and two 4" barrels. Two stainless and one blued. I'm thinking the Smith would gain the most in value over time and the 3" would be most practical for travel back-up. Sell or trade the 4" Ruger for a used reloader and supplies. Like plinking targets, reloading is a win/win hobby. you'll have ammo to keep up skills and someone will always need that ammo, just like you. And if you don't care for another hobby, just keep the Smith as a great investment (sorry Tige).

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Of course there is a reason for that. since they are not a very tactically useful weapon they do not present as big a threat to team Tyranny
    M65 S&W's were US Navy SEAL issue, side by side with machine guns. There's something to be said about reliability

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    M65 S&W's were US Navy SEAL issue, side by side with machine guns. There's something to be said about reliability
    True..
    And the GIGN uses Revolvers' also.
    Both Manurhin MR73 and the Smith Swat Revolver which used to be 686 but now I believe the TRR8

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, if you need to rehome one of the .357's, I know of a loving family that would like one.
    I reload, so shooting .38 or .357 at .38 speeds is about the cheapest and easiest of all rounds to load and shoot. You can use cheap cast projectiles and it doesn't take much powder unless you're trying for magnum pressures and brass will handle quite a few loads before it starts splitting.
    Personally, I'd hang onto them, even if I didn't reload. Yes, they're more expensive to shoot than 9mm if not reloading, but I know I shoot revolvers a helluva lot more accurately at range than I do any 9mm. I feel like a damned sniper every time I break out my blackhawk and ring steel at 100 yards.

K-9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep my revolvers because... you never know when mag bans or ammo limits may come to your state. If they limit everyone to 100 rds per year or something, I want to keep my .357 Magnum. If they limit mags to 10 or less rounds, I will be glad I kept a revolver.

The fact that they look less "tactical" can be an advantage. When they ban scary firearms, you may wish you had kept one of those old style revolvers.

No one knows what the future holds, so keep one of them just in case. And send that Ruger to me! :)

polee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Price them so we can tell if you should sell them to us.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm curious what he means by the grips on the security six?
    I personally didn’t care for the little factory wood grips on some of them ( that may be what he has) and the factory rubber grips aren’t bad.
    But I usually change both out when I get them for some nice aftermarket wood grips.

pgonza

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Start reloading and keep them. Primers "should" eventually become more readily available. Fortunately, I loaded up on SPP's, LPP's, SRP's and LPP's going back a few years.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I love my wheel guns too but there’s no special disposition under the red flag so spread the out gentleman, if you intend to keep them

Top Bottom