• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my Revolevrs.
    Love their heft and the mechanical beauty of it.
    But the ammo cost has really deterred me from shooting them.

I shoot about 400+ rounds a month 9mm but abut 0 rounds/month 357 Magnum.
    38 SPC is in price almost the same as .357 Magnum now so I cannot justify buying my old training stalwart 38SPC if it costs 90% of what a .357 Magnum round does ( which is so much more "round")
    So I dont.

Only one of my revolvers is with me here 2 more are stored at a previous area where I lived.
    I did also like them to teach noobs how to shoot mostly using 38SPC, which I can no longer get at reasonable prices..

What is the point of this post?

Not sure.

I guess, I am looking for folks to talk me into, or out of, selling my Iron.

- 3 inch Ruger GP100 in stainless
    - 4 inch Ruger Security Six blued (with an old school grip I dont like, + which I need to replace to love the gun)
    - Smith&Wesson Model 66 stainless 1980 (or so) production, almost no turnline. 4 inch.

they are beautiful and I like them... but with the plethora of modern pistols for sale at reasonable prices should keep them?
    They will always hold some value even in a near future dystopian society where I cant got to the range with anything else as everything else is banned.

I dont really need the money from selling them, except to help me justify spending money on some other "toys" such as more/better optics for my ARs etc.

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my Revolevrs.
    Love their heft and the mechanical beauty of it.
    But the ammo cost has really deterred me from shooting them.

I shoot about 400+ rounds a month 9mm but abut 0 rounds/month 357 Magnum.
    38 SPC is in price almost the same as .357 Magnum now so I cannot justify buying my old training stalwart 38SPC if it costs 90% of what a .357 Magnum round does ( which is so much more "round")
    So I dont.

Only one of my revolvers is with me here 2 more are stored at a previous area where I lived.
    I did also like them to teach noobs how to shoot mostly using 38SPC, which I can no longer get at reasonable prices..

What is the point of this post?

Not sure.

I guess, I am looking for folks to talk me into, or out of, selling my Iron.

- 3 inch Ruger GP100 in stainless
    - 4 inch Ruger Security Six blued (with an old school grip I dont like, + which I need to replace to love the gun)
    - Smith&Wesson Model 66 stainless 1980 (or so) production, almost no turnline. 4 inch.

they are beautiful and I like them... but with the plethora of modern pistols for sale at reasonable prices should keep them?
    They will always hold some value even in a near future dystopian society where I cant got to the range with anything else as everything else is banned.

I dont really need the money from selling them, except to help me justify spending money on some other "toys" such as more/better optics for my ARs etc.
    It sounds like you certainly like them and you said that you don't need the money so why would you sell? I have only not regretted selling guns that I didn't like for one reason or another.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I love revolvers and usually fire off a couple of cylinders at the range even when I mostly shoot 9mm. Plus I usually take a .22 revolver.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It sounds like you certainly like them and you said that you don't need the money so why would you sell? I have only not regretted selling guns that I didn't like for one reason or another.
    with only a couple exceptions, i have regretted selling every gun i have ever sold...

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Divest, divest! ( spoken in Cleavon Little impersonation) Dibs on the S&W

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've found 38 spec somewhat reasonably priced online a couple times lately. But I will say the biggest thing to shoot either is reloading. May not save you money but you will probably shoot a lot more for it.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Old, outdated, old fashioned revolvers that are expensive to shoot........because I'm a good guy always willing to help out a fellow gun owner I will give you one hundred dollars Cash for the lot, just to get them off your hands. You can thank me later, lol. :):cool:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    If you do not shoot them for ammo reason, get a used reloader and load some 38 and 357s for range time. If you do not want to reload and could use funds for other hobby uses, sell them.

I call dibs on the S&W 65, that was the revolver I qualified with in Basic Rookie Academy at George Stone in 94/95.

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK Fellas,

this was not really supposed to be a FS thread. :)
    However I received a couple of PMs and will honor them when (and if) the time comes.

Currently I only have one of them with me physically here in my Apt.
    The 3 inch GP100

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    OK Fellas,

this was not really supposed to be a FS thread. :)
    However I received a couple of PMs and will honor them when (and if) the time comes.

Currently I only have one of them with me physically here in my Apt.
    The 3 inch GP100
    Ha! Leave it to gun owners. Heck, I’ve just mentioned a gun that I own and gotten PMs with offers.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Is reloading an alternative for you ? Or maybe someone on here could , for a fee , if you buy the supplies. They are beautiful weapons and I’m sure they would go to good homes on here with all the interest shown . ( me included )!

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    I love my revolvers also. And your model 66 is a classic K frame. I have regretted selling every old-school K frame I ever had. That said, I’ll gladly hold it for you until you come to your senses.
    So personally, I think you should keep them. If nothing else for investment, they’re doing a lot better than the market or cash in the bank.
    BUT....If you do foolishly divest, please let me have first crack at the 66. When you come to your senses, I’ll sell it back to you

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One thing to consider is that these are the only handguns you can take with you to all 50 states legally, and likely many other countries. If you care about that sorta thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom