• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    So - SPAS-12 deck out a Benelli M4?

SPAS-12 for the old glory with the folding J stock or a more practical M4 with a folding stock, carbon fiber mag, and asseccories.

What day you?

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Personally- I go for the M4. But the heart wants what the heart wants. And Florida is still a free state (mostly). So if finances allow… Why not both?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    The SPAS is super cool, but as a shooter I understand they aren't a ton of fun. Whereas the M4 is the nicest shooting 12 I have ever fired haha.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I used to own a SPAS-12 and sold it a couple years later. I had wanted one since the late 1980s because I thought they were cool. Well, they were and are cool, but they are beastly. They are heavy and cumbersome. In my opinion, you are better served with either the Benelli M4 or the Beretta Enhanced 1301 Tactical (with or without pistol grip). Beretta also has the A300 Ultima Patrol. I would not worry so much about having a folding stock. Most tactical shotguns do not have them for a reason.

Last edited:

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had the fixed-stock SPAS-12 many many moons ago and yes, it was beastly. Heavy, unwieldy, clunky as hell. I imagine the folders are even worse. Super cool tho!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I too lust for the old SPAS... but then I pick up my Beretta 1301 tactical and forget all about the SPAS. The hook folder and ability to go pump is wicked cool but its a dinosaur now. If only for nostalgia and you can find a reasonably priced SPAS, buy one. If strictly business, the M4 or 1301 are the better options...

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say again if any of y’all want to do the touchy feely on one of the older SPA’s Canoe Creek Armory has one. Just remember if you want one you better go by the bank on your way there.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've always wanted a SPAS-12 for the 'cool factor' alone, but after watching a few reviews of them on the tube, they're not a good gun. In concept, it's awesome, in actual use, they're just not well made, and for the price they sell for that's just not acceptable unless you just have money to burn. I admit, they look badass, and would be awesome to have, but as a shooter, there are so many better options out there.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I too lust for the old SPAS... but then I pick up my Beretta 1301 tactical and forget all about the SPAS. The hook folder and ability to go pump is wicked cool but its a dinosaur now. If only for nostalgia and you can find a reasonably priced SPAS, buy one. If strictly business, the M4 or 1301 are the better options...

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I think that article is incorrect. The Destructive Device classification fell on the Street Sweeper, striker 12, USAS-12, and probably a few others, but not on the SPAS-12. I’m thinking the author of that article confused the SPAS-12 with the USAS-12.
    As to the SPAS-12, I had one before and it was ridiculous cool…but I got rid of it because the collector’s value outweighed the practical value that I put on it.
    I’m really surprised that the Turkish gun industry hasn’t made a clone of it, like they have of the Benelli’s. The SPAS-12 is overly complex, which is probably why they haven’t made a clone of it yet, but Im sure they would sell a ton of them, if they made them.
    Another interesting option would be producing a SPAS-12 aesthetic “body kit” for currently made shotguns. It would be pretty simple to make bolt on parts that made pump or semi auto shotguns look similar to a SPAS-12. The most noticeable feature of the SPAS-12 is the unique top folding stock, with the hook. Surely that would be a fairly inexpensive item to manufacture in bulk. Make versions to fit common shotguns and they would probably sell like crazy.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I think that article is incorrect. The Destructive Device classification fell on the Street Sweeper, striker 12, USAS-12, and probably a few others, but not on the SPAS-12. I’m thinking the author of that article confused the SPAS-12 with the USAS-12.
    I think it was the SPAS-15

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The regulations against the SPAS-15 were actually abolished in the US, though they're still destructive devices in Canada, so pretty sure the article meant USAS 12 not SPAS 12

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    SPAS
    Don’t do it
    It is the equivalent of getting drunk and ended up with an old fat stripper.

Top Bottom