• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Saw one cross Dorcas Hwy (C. Rd. 393) around 84 in the morning about 7:00 AM
    Saw another at night in the late 70’s north of Milligan,Florida

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The closer we get to our fla move the more we hear about nasty lil n bigun creatures from gators to noseeums ...on top of heat ,hurricanes ,tornados , old drivers , everyone is strapped ,floods ,tourists ,sink holes , u aint from around here good ole bois , yankee carpet baggers [me] ,
    cops ticket cops ......and now bad kitties
    Can't say you weren't warned!

About 10 years ago, I got followed by something big on Coldwater Creek. It was after dark, downstream of Highway 4 and upstream of the horse stables. I could hear it. It would stop walking when I scanned the banks with my headlamp. Very smart... must have been a cat

Last edited:

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The experts say there are no panthers in Alabama. Based on my own experiences I find that unlikely. If they said there are no breeding populations I could believe that.

I’m three miles from the Florida line. About 50 miles northwest of Milligan / Crestview with a whole lot of woods in between.

How do they explain this? A male panther's home range is very large and averages 275 square miles and overlaps with the smaller home ranges of females.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    One of our neighbors that lives in our future fla community sent us a picture of a scorpion that hitched a ride on their bath towel from the pool to their laundry room ...i did not ask them to place something to scale next to it......as i did not ask another about the size of a spider a month ago there .

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a new documentary that just came out. If I remember right its called the panther corridor. Its supposed to be very informative

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There are big bobcats around too. Conecha County. I personally would not shoot one unless it was stalking or trying to eat me!

View attachment 225897 View attachment 225898
    Big Bobcats probably take out more fawns than Coyotes, I'm going to take them out if I'm on stand. That last Bobcat I killed responded to a fawn bleat I let out. With that said I've only killed 2 in all my years of hunting so I'm definitely not hurting their population!

blackhawk

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not letting a bob cat or coyote walk away. I did see a big cat with very long curved tail in Brat FL several years ago. The Turkey don't stand a chance against them. I am for helping a Turkey out until Turkey season comes in anyways.

Members online

Top Bottom