• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Zulu fighting techniques enabled them overrun neighboring tribes. Most tribal peoples when having a fight with another tribe from a distance threw spears at the other guy and such until one group turn tail and ran. The Zulus would charge and not stop. The head of the buffalo would hit the other head on and simultaneously there two flanking attacks called the horn. The object was not to throw spears, but to get as close as possible and stab them with this
    1609306149544.png

They also carried bigger shields and fought barefoot. Most other tribes wore sandals. Tactic: Smash the big 50 lbs hide shield into the enemy, come up underneath with the Iklwa and stab them.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cool stabbing spear. Do you have one?

Closest I have seen commercial in recent times was the Cold Steel Assegai Spear with Short Shaft. Have a regular assegai, but not the short shaft, although that could always be rigged.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool stabbing spear. Do you have one?

Closest I have seen commercial in recent times was the Cold Steel Assegai Spear with Short Shaft. Have a regular assegai, but not the short shaft, although that could always be rigged.
    I hope to have one someday.
    I also want one of these
    1609376324760.png

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Good time to seek the Cold Steel short shaft Assegai Spear as it is on close out all over, up to 40% off. Could strip the paint and customize it to your taste.

The iwisa looks kind of like a walking stick they made from synthetic materials.

Good luck in your search for the exotic items.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good time to seek the Cold Steel short shaft Assegai Spear as it is on close out all over, up to 40% off. Could strip the paint and customize it to your taste.

The iwisa looks kind of like a walking stick they made from synthetic materials.

Good luck in your search for the exotic items.
    Here is stick fighting as they do it southern africa. I cold not find it with iwisa. But blow from a iwisa with smash bones.
    Busko Busko2 years ago
    It's not a fight but a game. I grew up in this game , I am Xhosa and this game teach you a lot as a man. You learn to deal with pain at a youngest age and become brave enough to defend your community. You can even look at a man and tell if he never lifted a stick. Power to all the Nguni People who keep this traditional game alive. No Spartan can take on any of these guys in a real battle, these are real warriors and their play is real.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shaka Zulu - Spear forging
    Steel among pagan people always had mythical powers and was associated with arcane powers. In the movie Shaka Zula, he takes steel derived from a meteorite to wizards to make his magical weapon, an Africa ex-caliber so to speak.
    This is a 13 minute clip of him getting his spear made by wizards. He then goes back to his tribe with it to teach them how to fight, kill and make war. .
    Most do not realize that once many of our European ancestors were not so different when they were still migrating tribes fleeing the huns, crashing into the Roman empire as barbarians.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Here is stick fighting as they do it southern africa. I cold not find it with iwisa. But blow from a iwisa with smash bones.

Yeah, real brain damaged frontal lobotomy. There's a difference between fearless and stupid because you got your grey matter smashed in and black spots on the brain at an early age

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, real brain damaged frontal lobotomy. There's a difference between fearless and stupid because you got your grey matter smashed in and black spots on the brain at an early age
    Ever watch a rugby game or a boxing match. All pales to the people that take meth and some other narcotics.
    Stick fighting is not restricted africa.
    1609497712170.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Damn straight. After I got to my first duty station it was announced that we had been one of the last platoons to get taught pure line training. The "new breed" would be all MMA. Less killing, more police action. So I got myself into some private lessons with the bo, thinking that it would help me with keeping up my line training. Holy shit, had we ever gone toe to toe with fixed bayonets against anybody trained with a five foot stick we would have been sorely surprised. It made me better, and gave me a deeper appreciation for an older culture. But I couldnt get over having to bow to a dead man's picture, and I eventually left the place because of it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Even back in my days some military issued AR's did not have bayo lugs. For a damn good reason.
    I have talked to men ( and actually fought with one) that fought in Korea with "fixed bayonets".
    In SE Asia he always wore a machete (AND a Randall). He told me that the fixed bayo thing was "the asolute last thing,it's all you got".
    I understand the bayo thing. But a bayo on the end of a Garand,M1A,M16,is either a terrible idea,or really is . . . "ALL YOU GOT".
    They are a pretty shitty hand held fighter also. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friends brother brought one of those back from a trip. It would do some damage!
    IIRC a south african told me they could be thrown also. So l looked it up
    Iwisa: A knobkerrie, also spelled knobkerry, knobkierie, and knopkierie (Afrikaans), is a form of club used mainly in Southern and Eastern Africa. Typically they have a large knob at one end and can be used for throwing at animals in hunting or for clubbing an enemy's head.[1]
    They were going after baboons and did not have guns.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom