• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure that its mainly guys on this Forum... But if you all have wives, sisters, girlfriends, daughters, neighbors, or whomever that would like to learn more about Guns and have fun in a female environment shooting at the range.... Tell them about our Group.

We are the North West Florida Chapter of the national Organization 'The Well Armed Woman' (TWAW)
    We are a new Chapter here. And right now we are encompassing the Fla panhandle area and into Mobile. Eventually, when we get enough women involved, we can split into more chapters.

Our Group is all about empowering women with any type of gun, getting their conceal carry, and further endeavors like tact training, shooting conferences, NRA cert counselor or trainer, etc.

We need more women comfortable with guns!! A bulk of the opposition of our current gun laws comes directly from women uneducated about guns! We need to change that! And help them to understand about guns and that being scared isnt a reason to stomp our constitution!

We are a bunch of women, of all ages and of every experience level from noobs to pros, grouping up to empower other women to learn more about guns AND to have fun while doing it!

The main TWAW website is: http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/
    And our Chapter only has a FB page as of right now: https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheWellArmedWomanNWFloridaChapter

I know its short notice, but tonight is our 2nd meeting of the Chapter.
    Currently our host range is Styx River Range

So, please encourage any female with an interest for Guns to come check us out Tonight!!

TWAW - NWFla Chapter ~ Pistol Packin Princesses
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013, at 6:30pm

Styx River Shooting Center
    24775 Water World Road
    Robertsdale, Alabama 36567
    (251)960-1173

Cost: $10 (to cover range fee)

If they can't make it tonight... We hold a meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.

PM me if you have any questions!!

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THANKS!!
    And If she ever wants to go to the range... Me and a few local girls from the Chapter go out to Quintette in Cantonment. Send me a mssg if she ever wants to go! And hopefully we'll see her for our next meeting!!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will certainly tell her about your group. The only time she gets to the range is if she goes with me. Perhaps she would go more, and feel more at ease, if there were other women there. OK, may-be there's that intimidation factor when she goes with me.

Also, she has some friends that would like more range time too, however, they also have to go with their husbands. May-be I can take her to the first session and sit back and get out of the way and have an iced tea.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's what I'm thinking. My wife is generally extremely competent at everything she's tried, from Barrel racing to Tennis but no matter how much we go to the range she's timid. It's not the idea of firearms, she packed a .22 lever rifle with her when she went riding as a child (Dad's orders) and she seems to really enjoy shooting but for one, I am NOT qualified to be an instructor and 2: I do think she'd feel more accepted and comfortable around other women.

Only thing I ask Kimberlyn is .............don't make her a better shot than me. That means she shouldn't have more than maybe 10 minutes of instruction total...........:yield:

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll let my fiance know. She has the same problem everyone else's ladies do, only has range time with me and gets a little timid also. Please post or pm a couple days before the next meeting since we tend to forget things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Great job getting this started it helps the citizens of the area and will give the women more confidence...I suggest we all advertise this and help in anyway! Thank you for a job well done!

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys are GREAT!! Thanks for sharing with your ladies!
    I really really appreciate it!

and thanks Wildrider666!

--SeanPcola: I grew up around riflles, hunting, etc. I had no problem with them. But for some reason you give me a handgun and I was afraid of it. They were intimidating.. and asking a guy/husband/nonfemale person, that didnt understand that fear, to train me.. wasnt working. I stumbled upon this group and fell in love. No intimidation, and had a lot of women that was in the same boat as me. The first night I shot, I used a friends 38 super. I was shaking, sweating, didnt know what to expect. And as soon as I shot, 3 bullseyes out of the first mag. The entire group was behind me and cheering me on! Its a great group for women!! No offense guys, but yall are mainly all 'hoo rah' and typically dont have the patience to teach a women to overcome that fear! MY husband was always "Just shoot the damn thing! Dont be a girl!" lol and he always buys me guns that I dont like! But I didnt know enough to buy one on my own or what to ask for! Now I know exactly what I want; a Walther PPQ 40cal! I love shooting that gun! And hey, if yall have any insight on that gun.. please let me know! :)

I sure hope to see each and every one of your wives, fiances, girlfriends, etc at our next meeting in June, tell them to bring their sisters, moms, girlfriends, whatever female companion(s) they want. The more the merrier!!! And if any of them want to go shooting at the range before then... mssg me!!!

Thanks again guys!! and keep sharing about our group! Its a great, great thing to empower women!!!

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If any of you guys know of anyone with some sort of special training that would benefit our group... please let me know. We LOVE to have guests come in and teach us new things!!

We are also going to be incorporating the Winchester Marksman program into our meetings! Really excited about this because besides learning and working from the TWAW program we will also be working on the marksman program which will give us all goals to reach for and badges to earn as you do. It's a work at your own pace program so no pressure but it will build up our confidence as we work together through each level in pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Our sashes will be filled with our accomplishments and fun to wear on shoot night!!See the link below for more information!!

http://mqp.nra.org

And keep in mind, this in addition to our TWAW meetings and any NRA courses we offer! But all inclusive.

Last edited:

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are having another TWAW-NWFla Chapter meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, 6/17) at Styx River Range at 6:30pm. Tell your wives, sisters, nieces, grandmas, etc :) We would love to see some new faces!
    All levels of experience are welcome!
    Oh, and we are also starting the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program. Clean Slate for everyone. Now is a good time to get your ladies involved! :)
    Here's a link to find out info about it: http://mqp.nra.org/

PM me if you need phone number, directions, or any other info! :)

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ill definitely let my wife know. Embarrassed to say, almost, my wife is a better shot with handgun than me. She's shot her entire life.

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh Wow. Thanks for sending this to me. It is the same TWAW (The Well Armed Woman). We, The Pistol Pack'n Princesses, are just a chapter of TWAW in this area.
    After reading the article, I do want to say that Carrie Lightfoot does not produce these holsters. She simply does User Review videos of these products.
    I just hope this doesn't give her a negative reputation.

Top Bottom