• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    THE RAREST SKS, " THE POLY TECH HUNTER"Less than a thousand known to exist.

,. I have owned several SKS rifles in the past, but this one is very different . It is stamped on the side- Poly tech Hunter 7.62 x39. I have never seen one like it. It has a very good walnut stock, yes i said walnut -not cut down, but factory made for it with factory installed swivels and sling. The barrel is 16.5 long made without a bayonet lug !. Overall its 37 inches long. It also has a very low serial number xxx. there is no hole in the metal butt plate . Just a really classy good looking SKS Carbine. Definitely a keeper. Has anyone ever heard of such a gun ?

This is a answer that I got from a fellow on the SKS Boards forum, a while back.---

Hey Mac...Congrats on your find. The SKS Hunter was Made by Poly Tech in China and imported in a limited quantity of only 1000 (one thousand) or less. And many of these may have been destroyed due to laws at the time. As imported it should have no bayonet lug. Came with a 16.5 chrome lined barrel, an ambidextrous safety, five round removable mag , and an adjustable rear sight with horizontal adjustment, and 300yd vertical adj. A Forward sling swivel was installed in place of a cleaning rod. Came with nice sling swivels and the standard sks sling, a solid metal butt plate,(no hole) . The top of the front sight hood was removed, and the bolt carrier should have a clearance cut in it for the rear sight. It also has a spring loaded firing pin. Some also came with nice walnut sporty stocks. An overall really nice little carbine. ref. from "The SKS Carbine" by Kehaya and Poyer.

Attachments

• IMG_0325 (800x600).jpg
      IMG_0325 (800x600).jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 1,455
    • IMG_0339 (800x600).jpg
      IMG_0339 (800x600).jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 1,240
    • IMG_0334 (800x600).jpg
      IMG_0334 (800x600).jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 1,390
    • IMG_0326 (800x600).jpg
      IMG_0326 (800x600).jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 1,348
    • IMG_0335 (800x600).jpg
      IMG_0335 (800x600).jpg
      48 KB · Views: 1,602

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like nice fit and finish on it... especially for an sks.... the poly/Chinese variants have been on my list for a while but I stepped away from the 7.62x39 caliber recently and am trying to stay away. Do you think that is the original gas tube? from the pics it looks like the wood was mis-matched......

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No,no,no!, that's such a piece of junk! If it was any good they wouldn't have stopped after only 1000!

Send it to me and I'll send you my beautiful (and authentic!) Norinco SKS so you can have something to be proud of and not be afraid to fire it.

Just kidding Mac. That thing is beautiful! Congrats on a great find! Looks like it has an American length stock too.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looks like nice fit and finish on it... especially for an sks.... the poly/Chinese variants have been on my list for a while but I stepped away from the 7.62x39 caliber recently and am trying to stay away. Do you think that is the original gas tube? from the pics it looks like the wood was mis-matched......

The upper wood is never from the same piece of wood, as far as I have experienced.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom