• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If it makes you feel better you're really not missing anything, they are trash now.
    And what are they charging to get in now? I stopped going to the Fair Grounds one a very long time ago.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I went early Saturday, and it was the same as usual. Did happen to find an Enfield bayonet to complete my No 4, and a battle pack of ‘79 South African 7.62 for less than the going rate.
    Besides that it was overpriced. People still selling ammo 30-50% over what you can find online.

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If it makes you feel better you're really not missing anything, they are trash now.
    I usually don't go to shop for guns or ammo. I like to look for obscure items I can use in builds. I take a couple of my guns, just in case I find something to barter for. I used to go and rent a table, then over-price everything. Best part about that is getting in early to scoop up deals, and then put them on my table with a high price! Hey, never once in my life has anyone tried to talk me *up* on a price,

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Just got back from the show. The show was crowded and the prices on guns was high. There was lots of ammo. I didn't pay attention to prices because I have lots of ammo myself, lol. One dealer had primers at $100 per thousand, and another dealer had primers at $125 per thousand. The difference between a good show and a so so one is whether or not you find what you are looking for. I didn't. It looked like lots of people did though. Lots of buying going on.
    I saw many good deals today. Some deals on two SKS's, a British Enfield 22lr trainer, a Wiselite Sterling, a Russian Makarov in 380, a Multicam Keltec 22mag pistol and an Argentine Mauser. All on tables. Deals all around. Just not on AR's. Saw a forum member's 45ACP Vector pistol walking around, too, for about a $100 off of retail and with free accessories. Saw another guy walking around with a WASR10 like new for $750. Both reasonable deals

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I guess not. Glad I didn’t go.
    Seems like they oughta let people in for half price the 2nd day since everything has been picked over. It’s kinda like showing up at a yard sale at noon.
    Most of what I bought was on the second day! On the second day I found 3 cell Cobray mag pouches, a $5 SAW pistol grip, an Archangel SKS mag, two 38 round steel SKS mags like new, an Osprey weapons light, a black SKS sling, M9 mags (2 for $20, wow!) etc, etc, etc. Not too shabby for "picked over 2nd day". My Sunday was way better than my Saturday.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 things down here in Florida gun shows that are alittle different then in alot of other states that may effect the shows here.

The price of a Table rent is on the high side. Even small shows will have per table rents in the $80 range and up. One can get a table at some of the world class shows (ie National Gun Day in Louisville) for less and at smaller shows for sometimes as little as $25 a table.

Some of Florida shows have allow themselves to let 1 or 2 dealers dominate the vast majority of the tables at shows. Which is never good for a lively diverse show.

But on the plus side for Florida shows, there be alot of older guns on display in even a small shows. Some truly spectacular GUNS (i.e hit a very small small show Sunday, there were 4 different Teat fire pistols From 3 different dealers and an obscure Moore)

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Most of what I bought was on the second day! On the second day I found 3 cell Cobray mag pouches, a $5 SAW pistol grip, an Archangel SKS mag, two 38 round steel SKS mags like new, an Osprey weapons light, a black SKS sling, M9 mags (2 for $20, wow!) etc, etc, etc. Not too shabby for "picked over 2nd day". My Sunday was way better than my Saturday.
    Did you overlook those items the first day or were they set out later?

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of times late on the second day the vendors will Mark stuff down if they have not had a good show just a cover their operating cost. Keep in mind that the vendors are there to pick up material from individuals Walking the Floor , when they pick it up they adjust their price and put it on their tables.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Did you overlook those items the first day or were they set out later?
    I think I overlooked them. Some were in the half of the building that I saw on Saturday and some were in the half that I didn't get to until Sunday. Saturday I went for only about an hour and a half. Sunday I was there all afternoon picking thru things real good in the whole building. Gotta go digging thru bags and boxes to find the good surplus! I found my American made SAW style SKS pistol grip hiding in a ziploc bag full of commie AK pistol grips

Last edited:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I found my American made SAW style SKS pistol grip hiding in a ziploc bag full of commie AK pistol grips
    Im glad you found that. And I enjoyed talking to you about it. I never got a chance to put everything out on the table and didnt see that bag of AK bakelite grips untill late sunday.

I sold a few pieces. The 2 cheaper AR's went first, then collectables and such. I was trying to make deals to help with a house down payment if my offer goes through.... CRAZY what you have to pay to get a house these days. KIND OF LIKE DEALER GUNS, LOL.

I think some people only think a good deal is when you steal a $1000 rifle from an uninformed seller for $350. I was accepting anything with in reason to raise that house money.. Surprised I didn't get one real offer on the Winchester 1897 take down turned into a imitation "TRENCH" gun, just several I got one dollar...... But that thing is an ugly beast so it just needs the right home.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Im glad you found that. And I enjoyed talking to you about it. I never got a chance to put everything out on the table and didnt see that bag of AK bakelite grips untill late sunday.

I sold a few pieces. The 2 cheaper AR's went first, then collectables and such. I was trying to make deals to help with a house down payment if my offer goes through.... CRAZY what you have to pay to get a house these days. KIND OF LIKE DEALER GUNS, LOL.

I think some people only think a good deal is when you steal a $1000 rifle from an uninformed seller for $350. I was accepting anything with in reason to raise that house money.. Surprised I didn't get one real offer on the Winchester 1897 take down turned into a imitation "TRENCH" gun, just several I got one dollar...... But that thing is an ugly beast so it just needs the right home.
    I spent a ton of time at your table Saturday, was nice talking to ya! It was my favorite table between the Makarov & the CETME.

Hope that house closing goes your way.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I overheard some guys talking about that shotgun. They'll be back, I'm sure

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I spent a ton of time at your table Saturday, was nice talking to ya! It was my favorite table between the Makarov & the CETME.

Hope that house closing goes your way.
    For Makarovs being relatively rare nowadays, I was surprised to see two at the show. Yours and that Russian in 380. And I wasn't even really looking at pistols. Maybe there were others! I'm a rifleman. But I have a soft spot for the Makarovs. SKS's were relatively rare these past couple of years, too, and there were half a dozen of them at the show. Maybe supply is getting back to normal?

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For Makarovs being relatively rare nowadays, I was surprised to see two at the show. Yours and that Russian in 380. And I wasn't even really looking at pistols. Maybe there were others! I'm a rifleman. But I have a soft spot for the Makarovs. SKS's were relatively rare these past couple of years, too, and there were half a dozen of them at the show. Maybe supply is getting back to normal?
    So we resumitted an new offer on the house and they accepted!!!

Top Bottom